CMA/RMA/LPN - Pinnacle Family Medicine - Full-time
Employment Type: Full-Time
State of Franklin Healthcare Associates is currently recruiting for
a Full-Time CMA/RMA or LPN to work with our Pinnacle Family Medicine Team
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) collaborates with providers in the delivery of quality patient care and service by maintaining patient flow, escorting patients through the clinic, identifying patient needs, collecting/verifying information, updating electronic medical records, answering patient questions, resolving patient issues or concerns, implementing methods as directed to improve care and the patient experience, maintaining exam/treatment rooms and ordering related supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, offices and treatment rooms as appropriate.
* Maintains patient flow in order to help the provider be as efficient as possible.
* Accurately records patient data prior to each provider visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies and medication.
* Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections ordered by the provider.
* Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in accordance with OSHA and universal precautions.
* Assists providers with minor surgical procedures and is responsible for cleaning and sterilizing procedure room and instruments.
* Submits patient prescriptions electronically or by phone.
* Monitors phone and electronic message boxes and makes patient calls as directed by providers.
* Requests and evaluates lab tests as indicated by patient status and practice protocol and conveys results to patients as directed by the provider.
* Schedules patients' tests, procedures, hospital admissions and appointments as applicable.
* Compiles information and prepares reports.
* Maintains records.
* Participates in educational activities.
* Follows organizational policies and procedures, including State of Franklin Healthcare Associates Compliance Manual, Code of Ethics and Business Standards, HR Policies and Procedures Manual, Team Member Handbook, OSHA Manual and any other policies or procedures for the job function, department, location or clinic.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be a graduate from a recognized certified and/or registered Medical Assistant program.
Two (2) years of work experience, in a clinic setting, preferred but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certificate as a Certified or Registered Medical Assistant.
Service: Demonstrates high standards of service to patients, physicians, team members and other departments; remains calm when faced with challenging or difficult situations; effectively resolves service issues.
Quality: Work is thorough and accurate; offers ideas and solutions to improve outcomes and enhance service; considers the situation and relevant information before taking action; effectively implements improvements.
Integrity: Acts with the highest levels of personal ethics, honesty and accountability.
Performance: Applies job specific knowledge, skills and experience to accomplish results; requires appropriate level of supervision; work is completed in a timely manner; uses sound judgment in decision-making; is reliable and dependable; utilizes time and resources responsibly; complies with policies and procedures; work area is organized, neat and clean.
Communication: Expresses facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner; listens effectively; professional, respectful and compassionate in communications with others; follows proper channels of communication and shares essential information timely; maintains appropriate confidentiality.
Teamwork: Builds and maintains effective working relationships; recognizes strengths and contribution of others; manages and resolves conflicts in a positive and constructive manner.
Work is performed in a medical office environment involving contact with patients, physicians, staff, insurance carriers and other business partners. Frequent exposure to patient care areas. Work environment can be fast-paced with emotionally charged situations, requiring a high level of concentration and appropriate balance of conflicting priorities and multiple tasks. Occasional local travel between work sites and additional hours, including evening or weekend work, may be necessary.
up to 10 lbs
up to 25 lbs
up to 50 lbs
Additional Physical Requirements or Comments:
State of Franklin Healthcare Associates reserves the right to alter, change or modify this job description at any time, with our without notice. The duties and responsibilities contained herein are considered representative, but not necessarily all-inclusive, of the duties and responsibilities, which may be required of a job incumbent. All other categorizations contained herein are meant to be representative of the general environment or working conditions in which the job is performed.