Nurse Practitioner , Bronx Psychiatric Center, NP21187
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Qualifications One year of permanent, competitive service as a Nurse Practitioner and eligible for transfer
Open Competitive Opportunity:
New York State License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse; and certification by the New York State Education Department in the Psychiatry specialty area to practice as a Nurse Practitioner and reachable for appointment on the current Civil Service eligible list for the title.
Nurse Practitioner is a continuous recruitment examination. The minimum qualifications are a New York State License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse and certification by the New York State Education Department in the Psychiatry specialty area to practice as a Nurse Practitioner. Candidates interested in applying for the open competitive opportunity must complete the New York State Application http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf) and submit it via email to: email@example.com OR mail to:
New York State Office of Mental Health
Decentralized List Unit
44 Holland Avenue
Albany, NY 12229
Duties Description As a Nurse Practitioner, you would assess the physical and psychosocial status of clients by means of interview, health history, physical examination, and diagnostic tests. Your work may include the diagnosis of illness and physical conditions and the performance of therapeutic and corrective measures.
1. If you fail to maintain your license and/or registration once you are appointed, action will be taken to remove you from the position.
2. In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
3. If appointed you may be required to become an enrolled Medicare provider; obtain and provide to your employer a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number issued by the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES); and otherwise actively participate to the degree necessary to allow for your services to be billed through Medicare and Medicaid. If you are appointed and you lose the ability to bill through Medicare and Medicaid, you may be terminated from your employment.
4. Your degree or college credit must have been awarded by a regionally accredited college or university or one recognized by the NYS Education Department as following acceptable educational practices. If your degree or college credit was awarded by an educational institution outside the United States and its territories, you must provide independent verification of equivalency. You can write to the Examination Information Desk of the Department of Civil Service for a list of acceptable companies who provide this service. You must pay the required evaluation fee.
Additional Comments Background Investigation/Justice Center Review: Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC), which includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee's employment application, may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees will be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Posted Hiring Salary includes an Increased Hiring Salary ($5,757) and Geographic Differential ($30,000) and Downstate Adjustment ($3,026) added to the statutory hiring rate ($77,187). Geographic Differential and Downstate Adjustment added to the job rate ($97,448) for the PS&T Grade 24.
Generous benefit package includes:
* Paid vacation leave
* Paid personal leave
* Paid holidays
* Paid sick leave
* Tuition aid
* Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision care benefits
* Membership in the New York State and Local Employees' Retirement System, and
* Various savings plan programs.#06022021