ATTP99-2021-00378-Temporary Snow Plow Operator-Pinedale
Employment Type: Full-Time
Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is seeking a Temporary Snow Plow Driver in Pinedale, Wyoming to perform winter snow plow operation and highway maintenance under limited supervision in order to provide a safe, high quality, and efficient transportation system.
Human Resource Contact: 307-352-3048 Elise Hartman firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
* Maintains and operates core and complex equipment safely and proficiently.
* Performs duties involved in removing snow and ice from roadways.
* Utilizes special computerized equipment.
* Flags traffic and sets up traffic control devices under limited supervision.
* Operates single and tandem axle trucks, equipped with plows, wing plow, sander, and chemical systems to remove snow and ice from roadway surfaces.
Preferencemaybe given toapplicants who havea current Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with appropriate endorsements prior to employment, and experience in road construction, maintenance, and equipment operations.
* Knowledge of Hazardous Materials Response Procedures.
* Knowledge of equipment maintenance and repair procedures.
None - See 'Preferences'
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
* Frequent use of manual and powered hand tools.
* Daily use of motor vehicles and heavy equipment.
* Frequent exposure to hazardous materials.
* Ability to lift and/or carry 50 pounds independently.
* Ability to stand/sit and operate equipment for long periods of time.
* Work in adverse environmental conditions, which may includebut not be limited to rain, snow, heat, and hail.
* Ability to walk long periods of time on even and uneven ground.
* Working around high-speed traffic and heavy construction equipment.
* FLSA: Non-Exempt
* WYDOT will conduct motor vehicle record checks to verify a valid driver's license.
* Individuals in this classification must pass a pre-employment drug screening and/or physical and will be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
* Occasional overnight travel is required.
* Individuals in this classification must be available for emergency work calls at any time, including nights, weekends, and holidays. Acceptance of an appointment to this classification signifies that the individual is aware of this requirement and will comply with it. Failure to be available for emergency work without an acceptable excuse will be grounds for immediate disciplinary action and possible dismissal.
* Individuals must report to the department Shopwithin 30 minutesof receiving a call.
* Must have the ability to obtain a Certification to operate specified equipment as directed byWYDOT.
* Must have the ability to obtain a Certificate of course completion of Defensive Driving.
* Must have the ability to obtain a First Aid/CPR certification.
* The Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free Workplace.
* E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more aboutE-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
* This is a temporary, full-time position.
045-Department of Transportation - WYDOT - Chief Engineer - District Maintenance
To learn more about the Wyoming Department of Transportation, please visit us atwww.dot.state.wy.us/home.html
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.