Assistant Professor of Social Psychology, Tenure Track, Starting September 1, 2022
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Offer courses in the department and the General Studies curriculum.
* Serve as a preceptor (advisor) to students
* Participate in scholarship and/or creative activities as appropriate to the discipline
* Provide service to the university, community, and profession
* Perform other duties as designated by the Dean or the Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
* Support Stockton University's diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission
* Advanced ABO
* Teaching experience
* Academic experiences with culturally diverse populations
* Documentation of teaching excellence
Curriculum Vitae, Letter of Interest, Scholarship Plans and Research Capabilities, Teaching Effectiveness Document, Teaching Philosophy Statement, Unofficial Transcripts
How To Apply:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using Microsoft Word or PDF.
* A letter of interest describing qualifications and accomplishments
* A curriculum vitae
* Short (1-page) teaching philosophy statement
* Documents showing evidence of teaching effectiveness
* Short description of Scholarship plans and research capabilities
* Unofficial Graduate transcripts
* A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
* All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check, which may include social intelligence from a consumer reporting agency.
* Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources (Main Campus, J-115) at 609-652-4384, Monday - Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm.
* In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
* Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act (Clery Act), prospective employees may access Stockton's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is available at https://www.stockton.edu/police/crime-statistics.html. The ASFSR contains the previous three years of reported Clery Act crime statistics, fire safety information and information regarding campus and personal safety. If you would like a paper copy of the report, please visit the Stockton University Police Department, building 71, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway Township, NJ, or call 609-652-4390, to request that a copy be mailed to you.
* Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.