Customer Support Agent
Employment Type: Full-Time
As a Customer Support Agent at MakerBot, you will spend your days helping our customers troubleshoot technical issues with their MakerBot products. Your technical mastery of the proprietary MakerBot hardware and software will be invaluable to our customers and through email, phone, and chat you'll help resolve their issues with your thoughtful assistance. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our internal technology teams to resolve more complex issues and provide testing feedback on new products.
* Field and efficiently diagnose customer reported technical and post-sales issues via phone, email, and chat
* Coach customers at all technical skill levels through the 3D printing process from unboxing through completing a print
* Provide clear, professional, and friendly communications to both customers and internal MakerBot contacts through the troubleshooting process until resolution.
* Efficiently escalate issues internally in the event the issue cannot be resolved via normal troubleshooting steps
* Share the knowledge you gain on the job by contributing articles to our internal and customer-facing knowledge bases
* Participate in training and orientation of new team members as your expertise increases
* Provide support and testing feedback to our Technology team
* High School Diploma, or equivalent
* 1+ years in customer/technical support role
* Familiarity with the basic mechanics and electronic components of 3D printers
* Prior experience with CAD software
* Experience with shipping and receiving logistics
* Delivering support in a fast-paced, SLA-focused environment
* Experience with ticketing software like Salesforce & JIRA
* Efficient organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize in a high-volume, fast-paced environment while dealing with frustrated customers
* Ability to work independently as a part of a collaborative team utilizing individual decision-making and critical-thinking skills
* Ability to remotely troubleshoot hardware and software
Sometimes, it's the little (virtual) things:
* Weekly virtual, after-work yoga.
* Access to 3D printers, of course, but also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge and expertise to help and teach you how to use them.
The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, and three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability and ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry and also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world. MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals and educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
MakerBot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.