Employment Type: Full-Time
##Research at Stripe
Stripe's mission is to increase the GDP of the internet and expand economic access globally. We're designing tools and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. We believe there are too many barriers to doing business on the internet, and that opportunities are not equally distributed throughout the world. We also think building and growing a business online is a problem rooted in code, language, and design-not finance.
That's where you come in: we're looking for an experienced Market Researcher to join our growing UX Research team to partner with Marketing and Product teams to design, lead, and run our user sentiment and product awareness programs, as well as driving additional research to support the business. You will also collaborate with a diverse group of researchers and Stripe's GTM team from many disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties. We're looking for a researcher with a breadth of methodological 'tools' (including qualitative and quantitative skills), strong executive presence, and the ability to credibly persuade and influence.
##About UX Research and the role
The UX Research team is part of Stripe's Design team and works across many types of brand and product initiatives at Stripe to more effectively and efficiently deliver products and experiences that fulfill user needs. And since Stripe's main audience is other people who build products, we agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
In addition to conducting primary research, we also enable other Stripes (marketers, sales, engineers, product managers, designers, operations, etc.) to learn and apply research skills to global problems. You will play a role in shaping how we build research as a core competency across Stripe and define how we put users first when conducting research.
As a Market Researcher, you will apply your qualitative and quantitative research skills to build research programs that will inform decisions around customers, products and markets. You will collaborate directly with the Marketing team to translate insights into actions that will drive business impact.
This is a full-time role based in Seattle, New York, or remote in North America. This would be an excellent opportunity for a seasoned market researcher who is interested in building and applying their craft.
* Be an authority on and owner of market research methods and metrics, including product awareness, user sentiment, voice of the customer, customer insights, and customer and product satisfaction.
* Conduct complex, multi-phase quantitative and qualitative research that deepens our understanding of our users, drives company strategy, and informs internal decision making, messaging, and positioning.
* Build close partnerships with Marketing and Product leaders to build the infrastructure for ongoing market research programs, including survey tooling.
* Promote a unified view of our customers and ensure their needs come first in everything we do.
* Work in a highly collaborative fashion as a strategic partner to Product Marketing, business leads, product managers, designers, and engineers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products in response to the market insights you uncover.
* Prioritize research needs and approaches across multiple work streams to work on the right project, scale, and scope at the right time and ensure impact by delivering actionable insights.
* Enable other Stripes to learn and apply research skills by building research programs, platforms, and toolkits that empower them to conduct tactical research.
* Partner closely with other researchers to build out Stripe's market research practice and infrastructure.
* Source and manage research vendors to help augment the work of the research team.
* Disseminate research insights to evolve and enhance Stripe's understanding of user needs and identify innovative opportunities to meet those needs.
##You may be a fit for this role if you:
* Can conduct complex research at scale and demonstrate the use of a variety of research methods, which may include qualitative interviews, surveys, customer journeys, data analysis, or ideation sessions. You have experience working with large-scale data. You are a mixed-methods researcher and can demonstrate a fluency across qualitative and quantitative research methods.
* Have 8+ years relevant market research experience working with qualitative and quantitative methods, having conducted and supervised many different types of projects from start to finish (from quick-turnaround to comprehensive global initiatives); with a plus if your work includes developer-focused, B2B or enterprise products.
* Can lead, design, execute, and communicate impactful research in a fast-paced environment and know how to integrate research into marketing, sales, and go-to-market strategies, including product roadmaps.
* Have a desire to do hands-on research on an early-stage team, from planning and recruiting to analysis and insights delivery.
* Tell compelling stories with data and are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work.
* Can distill research findings into clear, and compelling data-backed presentations, data visualizations, and/or infographics.
* Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and use them to effectively roll out large scale research programs.
* Relentlessly focus on users and solving for their needs and wants. You put users first and have experience driving impact from insights.
* Can successfully set and achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting the project, the Research team, and all of Stripe.
* Can balance working with urgency and focus with methodological rigor and adapt as needed for the situation.
* You've built or scaled research platforms, systems, or programs at your workplace.
* Proficiency in SQL is required. Have experience analyzing complex data and building statistical models. Proficiency programming in R or Python is a plus.
##You should include these in your application:
* A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
* A written description of why you're interested in this role and examples of how you've exemplified the qualities listed above in your previous work experience.