Loan Operations Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) and its group companies offer a broad range of financial services centered on banking. They are also engaged in the leasing, securities, credit card, investment, mortgage securitization, venture capital and other credit related businesses. SMBC is seeking a US Corporate Loan & Operations Analyst to support, guide and direct the team's representatives and administrators. This is a tactical and transactional role with a broad range of responsibilities that requires a high degree of expertise, and frequently exercises operating discretion within established parameters, in partnership with more experienced staff.
* Trains and coaches staff; provides daily performance feedback and technical expertise.
* Assists Associates to ensure loan servicing is accurate and approved.
* Manages end-to-end work flow; prioritizes team tasks in accordance with departmental objectives.
* Generates reports to monitor and track department activity; verifies reports for data integrity.
* Manages and leads new business and product initiatives.
* Liaises with technology partners in the project management and implementation of upgrades, maintenance, system testing or new applications.
* Adheres to all applicable internal and external regulatory policies and procedures.
* Participates in Disaster Recovery exercises to ensure smooth recovery of applications in the event of unplanned business disruption.
* Processes new drawdowns, paydowns, Letters of Credit (L/C) activities and fees for syndicated and bilateral deals.
* Supports the Treasury Desk's daily requirement to accurately manage its cash and funded positions for managed loan portfolios.
* Ensures all past due principal, interest and fees are reported, tracked, collected and/or reconciled.
* Troubleshoots loan related functional problems/issues and resolves problems or escalates as appropriate.
* Advanced ability to interpret credit agreements and related documentation.
* Advanced understanding of all aspects of loan or deal administration functions (including all aspects of funding).
* Functional experience managing processes and projects across multiple business and technical areas.
* Customer focused team player with expert verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness. Ability to manage individually assigned tasks while incorporating team duties and requirements.
* Keen ability to work with a diverse cultural organization across the Americas, Asia and Europe.
* Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals and track activities.
* Ability to synthesize technical information, analyze risk and identify mitigating factors.
* Detail oriented and an ability to complete work accurately
Work Experience: 3 to 5years of comparable or relevant experience. Experience managing complex loan portfolios in financial institution is preferred. Experience managing a team is advantageous.
Education: BA / BS (or equivalent experience) Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or comparable discipline is a plus.