Asphalt Roller Operator
Employment Type: Full-Time
FUNCTION: The asphalt roller operator is responsible for operating road-surfacing equipment.
* Visualizes and implements the Clyde Companies, Inc. vision and core values
* Operate heavy equipment, specifically asphalt roller, productively, efficiently, and safely.
* Work with screedman and foreman to complete a quality project meeting compaction requirements
* Assist crew with asphalt raking and shoveling as necessary
* Assist in cleaning out paver
* Maintain equipment to keep in safe working condition.
* Direct, teach and help laborers and operators as assigned
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Clean and maintain watering system on rollers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
* Understanding of paving procedures.
* Experience rolling different types of asphalt mix including UDOT or state mixes.
* Ability to work with other operators and testers on rolling patterns to achieve densities.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* Valid driver's license and clean MVR.
* CDL and ability to run a distributor truck plus but not required.
* Ability to work long hours (10-14 hour days) in summer and winter conditions.
* Lift and move at least 50 lbs.
This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principle job elements essential for making employment decisions. Duties associated with this job and the corresponding job specification may be changed at any time to accommodate Company business needs.