CNA - Skilled Nursing Facility
Employment Type: Full-Time
Would you like to be a healthcare hero? Would you like to be on the front lines of making a difference during a pandemic? The Sunshine Terrace Foundation of beautiful Logan, Utah is seeking compassionate individuals to join our caregiving team. We can hire either certified nursing assistants (CNA's) or people who are interested in becoming a CNA. If you're not yet a CNA, we reimburse the cost of the course and the test to become a CNA. And because we provide skilled care around the clock, we have work hours that would work for just about any schedule. If you want a full time job with benefits, we have that. If you want a part time / PRN job or a job that you could pick and choose when you work, we have those options available too.
We care for some incredible people and we need compassionate staff who can bring more to life for those we serve. This is a job where you make a positive difference in people's lives every time you come to work! We realize the value of our employees and we are providing more benefits than ever!
* Employee scholarships
* Flexible scheduling (great for college students!)
* CNA course and test reimbursement
* Grave shift wage differential of 5%
* Generous PTO accrual rates for employees working 30+ hours per week
* Great insurance plan options for employees working 30+ hours per week
* And more!
* $10.50 - Non- CNA Certified PRN or Part Time
* $12.50 - Non-CNA Certified Full Time
* $11.75 - CNA Certified PRN or Part Time
* $13.75 - CNA Certified Full Time
Each position is eligible for the Grave shift differential on top of these rates!
In our 70 years as a non-profit, the Sunshine Terrace Foundation has grown from a small nursing home housing twelve women, to a campus of short-term & long term health services that include rehabilitation, assisted living, senior exercise, health education, and multiple types of therapy. Currently, CMS rates us 5* on our staff to resident ratio -- the highest in the valley!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
* Assists with patient transfers, bathing, grooming, and other personal cares as needed
* Assists nurse by taking vital signs, food and fluid intake/output as directed
* Communicates effectively with residents and conveys respect and dignity at all times
* Takes meal orders, serves meals, and assists with other dining needs
* Makes daily entries into communication log and charts a variety of patient information
* Monitors call lights throughout facility and communicates effectively with other staff to ensure lights are answered in a timely manner
* Observes and reports any resident related issues such as medical, physical, emotional or social needs to the nurse or Administrator
* Conducts shift change report at the end of every shift to ensure a smooth shift transitions
* Uses appropriate safety precautions, personal protective equipment, and adheres to universal precautions and infection control guidelines
* Monitors the facility and resident rooms to ensure a safe environment
* Upholds patient and business confidentiality at all times.
FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE
We work around school schedules with various shifts available. Including a day shift 6:00 am- 2:00 pm, evening shift 2:00 pm- 10:00 pm, and NOC hours from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am with shorter shifts available in between. Our certified nursing assistants understand that 24/7 care is required and willingly work holidays and weekends on a rotating schedule.
* Emotionally intelligent and aware of all resident's needs
* Ability to multitask
* Ability to work effectively as a team member
* Current CNA certification or interested in becoming a CNA
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this type of job please submit your resume or fill out our 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!