Graduate Assistant - Mathematical Sciences - State University of New York at Fredonia
Employment Type: Part-Time
The State University of New York at Fredonia invites applications for part-time (50% or 20 hours per week), Graduate Assistant positions in Mathematical Sciences. These positions are filled on an as-needed basis in accordance with campus and department policy.
The Department of Mathematical Sciences is home to numerous faculty and staff members dedicated to providing students with engaging and meaningful classes for future educators.
Rewards & Benefits
* Competitive compensation plus benefits including dental and vision coverage (benefit plan eligibility is dependent on FTE; must be 50% or more);
* Paid leave provisions including sick and holiday leave; impressive educational benefits including tuition-free study plus supplemental tuition aid;
* A rich array of services, programs and benefits to help employees advance in their career and enhance the quality of their personal life, including professional development programs and services, employee EAP and wellness programs, discounted membership to the on-campus fitness center, and access to the Campus and Community Child Care Center.
Reporting to the Mathematics Education Program Coordinator, the Graduate Assistant will:
* Serve as a teaching assistant/intern in a single class per semester as designated by the mathematics education program coordinator.
* Participate in departmental outreach activities/committees and provide service to the department, college, university, and profession;
* Know, understand, and follow all university policies.
* Enrollment in a current Graduate program with good standing;
* Obtained or pending NYS Initial Teaching Certificate in Mathematics 7-12 or Mathematics 5-9.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively, and in a collegial and professional manner, with students, faculty, and staff;
* Demonstrated commitment and ability to work with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff and constituents in support of campus and department mission;
* Demonstrated record of mathematics teaching experience at the middle and secondary levels of school mathematics.
This is a 50%, 20 hours per week, Graduate Assistant, GSEU represented position.
Fredonia prides itself on an outstanding workforce. To continually support organizational excellence, the university conducts background screens on applicants.
An Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Fredonia provides for, and promotes, equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment, without discrimination.
Pursuant to University policy, the University is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, or domestic violence victim status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law, or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
The University's policy is in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting unlawful discrimination and harassment. These laws include the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as Amended by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972, and the New York State Human Rights Law. These laws prohibit discrimination and harassment, including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Interested candidates shall apply and submit the required documents listed below by clicking on the APPLY NOW button. Names and contact information for three professional references are required as part of the application process.
* Cover Letter
Note: After submitting your Resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload the additional, required documents.
Please see the FAQ for using the online application system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.