Surgical Tech Certified - Centennial Lakes Surgery Center
Employment Type: Full-Time
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA's 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
This surgery center is relocating in November 2021 to St. Louis Park, MN. A brand new facility is currently being built to accommodate a growing number of surgical procedures - including ENT, ophthalmology, plastic surgery and podiatry. We are looking for dedicated professionals that provide exceptional care!
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits…
* Positive work culture
* Career growth opportunities
* Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible on Day 1 of employment
* Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
* Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
* Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
* Excellent 401(k) Plan
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
We are actively hiring for an Surgical Technologist Certified.
* Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA.
* Function as a scrub person during operative and other invasive procedures by
* Protecting the patient from injury caused by extraneous objects and chemical, electrical, laser, mechanical, and thermal sources.
* Demonstrating safe operating of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation.
* Performing accounting procedures to protect the patient from unintended retained surgical items.
* Speaking up with safety concerns acting as the patient's advocate.
* Handling specimens according to facility policy and procedures.
* Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal protective equipment.
* Performing interventions to maintain the patient's wound and tissue perfusion at or above baseline levels.
* Performing interventions to protect the patient from surgical site infection.
* Assembling supplies and equipment required for the procedure.
* Preparing and organizing sterile supplies and instruments for the procedure.
* Providing instruments and supplies to the surgical team during the procedure.
* Protecting the patient's rights, dignity, and privacy.
* Providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care within legal standards of practice.
* Maintaining a fire safe environment.
* Practicing and monitoring aseptic technique.
* Complying with Universal Protocol and facility site validation and time-out policy.
* Maintain radiation safety at all times in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
* Clean and prepare surgical instruments for processing and transport them to the decontamination areas.
* Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes.
* Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate, concise and pertinent to the patient's condition and response to care.
* Document episode of care accurately, timely, completely, and legibly.
* Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills with members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders.
* Assist with post procedure cleaning of the operative or other invasive procedure room and preparation of room for subsequent patients.
* Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning perioperative patient care.
* Participate in quality review and performance improvement projects.
* Participate in the performance appraisal process.
* Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships.
* Maintain required competencies.
* Pursue professional growth.
* Act as a patient advocate and main privacy and confidentiality of individuals and health information.
* Comply with all SCA and facility policies and procedures, regulatory and accreditation standards and professional guidelines when providing patient care.
* Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily safety huddles.
* Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* High School Graduate or equivalent.
* Graduate of a recognized and accredited Surgical Technologist Program preferred.
* Prior Experience as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
* Current Surgical Technologist certification preferred.
* Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BCLS certification.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
* Physically demanding, high-stress environment
* Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
* Pushing and pulling heavy objects
* Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients and equipment
* Manual and finger dexterity
* Hand eye coordination
* Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
* Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
* Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
* Working irregular hours