RN - Acute Care Float Pool
Employment Type: Full-Time
$20,000 Sign-On Bonus (Externals Only) and Relocation Available
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) (0.9 FTE, Day Shift) to work in the Acute Care Float Pool at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Key functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet the qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
* Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
* Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
* Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
* Accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes.
* Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
* Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire.
* All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
* A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
* Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
* Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS) certification upon hire
* National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification within 30 days of hire
* 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Bachelor's degree in nursing upon hire.
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity. On July 1, 2000, the 385-bed tertiary-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health-care system.