Mechanic - General
Employment Type: Full-Time
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions Complete a quality preventative maintenance inspection and repairs on all company owned equipment, to include tractors, trailers, refrigerated units and support equipment.
* Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment to appropriate specifications (OEM, DOT, company, etc.).
* Inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and perform minor and/or complex repairs for all equipment.
* Disassemble, repair and re-assemble of Heavy Truck & Trailer components; including but not limited to; refrigerated units, diesel engines, transmissions, axels and any other components or systems.
* Perform tire maintenance to include: repairs, failure analysis, coding, identification.
* May be required to test drive equipment if certified.
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
* Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
* Skills: Must possess demonstrated superior customer service skills. Must be able to read and understand repair manuals. Must be able to complete/fill tags and repair orders. Must be able to use and learn various diagnostic software used on tractor/trailers. Must possess excellent computer skills.
* Education: High School, GED or combination of training and/or experience required.
* Experience Required: Entry-level knowledge of vehicle systems and basic vehicle maintenance preferred. Mechanic - General