Sr Business Development Strategist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Manages and coordinates IMS' participation in new business activities to grow our full-service and functional service provider (FSP) portfolios. Creates win strategies, key selling points, and execution strategy in conjunction with IMS leadership, business development (BD), other business unit leaders, the FSP 360 team and corporate communications, as needed. Prepares, coordinates, and facilitates strategic responses for sponsor requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposals (RFPs), including budgeting questions. Participates in RFI/RFP/bid defense meeting (BDM) review meetings with BD and prospective and current customers as necessary. Researches, develops, and synthesizes IMS and corporate information for RFI, RFP and targeted pitches, and writes compelling sales-oriented text following the company corporate strategy and messaging. Coordinates IMS participation in external presentations including conference presentations or panels, webinars, journal articles, new service offering launches, etc. Tracks IMS RFI/RFP assignments, including wins and losses, and makes reports to IMS Leadership Team about new business activities and initiatives. Works with other teams within IMS to deliver consistent messages through the business unit's online resources and training materials.
* Develops, maintains and displays thorough and complete knowledge of IMS services and processes.
* Researches, prepares, and coordinates IMS responses to RFIs, RFPs, BDMs, proactive pitches, FSP 360 or corporate marketing campaigns, etc. As required, serves as project manager, responsible for budget and timeline management for projects and initiatives.
* Elicits feedback from appropriate subject matter experts (SMEs) from across the company and mines other sources to develop content and maintain consistent IMS messaging. Works collaboratively with other BUs including Clinical Development Services - Site Contracts and Data Management to develop comprehensive responses to meet customer's needs. Provides unique responses that clearly highlight IMS sales strategy, addresses the client's key buying criteria and displays the IMS competitive advantage in the marketplace.
* Coordinates IMS participation in external presentations including conference presentations or panels, webinars, journal articles, new service offering launches, etc.
* Provides quality control of deliverables through review, verification, and evaluation of written RFI/RFPs to ensure agreement with IMS and corporate strategies and metrics; ensures timeline management is maintained.
* Saves new content developed in #2-#4, maintaining the IMS BU content tracker and updating/supplementing IMS content for the corporate information library (Qvidian).
* Constructively recommends specific ways the IMS BU can improve the quality of its deliverables. Enhances and refines the IMS response process and participates in developing new workflows and tools for optimized business development opportunity responses.
* Advises, mentors and collaborates with IMS staff on business development procedures, priorities, and workflow. Works with other teams within IMS to deliver consistent messages through the business unit's online resources (e.g., Project Compass and Intranet) and training materials.
* Manages special projects and initiatives as required to improve the quality and efficiency of department processes.
* Tracks IMS RFI/RFP assignments and other new business initiatives, including wins and losses. Makes reports to IMS Leadership Team about new business activities and initiatives.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned. Minimal travel may be required (up to 25%).
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS (please indicate if 'preferred')
BA/BS or equivalent in a business or health-related degree or the ability to prove comparable equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field of study; plus significant experience in the RFI/RFP development and/or pharmaceutical or CRO industry (e.g., clinical operations, project management) working with proposals and contracts in the CRO industry. Experience in Writing/Journalism and or Marketing/Business Development with an ability to position sales documents. Experience with technology implementation, administration and managing projects. Knowledge of the CRO industry, basic understanding of clinical operations, and ability to follow-up on all issues in a timely fashion. Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Sharepoint Administration and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), email, and voicemail. Knowledge of payments terminology is a plus. Superior analytical, negotiation, and organizational skills with demonstration of sound judgment, critical thinking and problem solving skills. Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to organize, prioritize, and coordinate multiple departmental assignments with above-average attention to detail, highly-developed interpersonal skills and strong team-oriented skills.
This job excludes CO applicants.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.