Sr Category Manager - Marketing/Advertising/Print
Employment Type: Full-Time
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
Responsible for shaping T. Rowe Price's corporate sourcing spend and relationships globally through the execution of leading category management, strategic sourcing, and vendor relationship management practices within the corporate services category. The role partners closely with senior executives in the corporate functions at T. Rowe Price, along with T. Rowe Price's vendors, to reduce the cost of supply, meet business requirements, innovate, and achieve revenue goals. Leads and implements a complex category strategy that contributes to short and long-term business objectives.
* Partners with business units and T. Rowe Price to identify potential new sourcing relationships based on business processes and future state strategies.
* Owns spend and supplier relationships for assigned category. Partners with sourcing leadership to develop long-term savings strategies for the category and/or supplier(s).
* Applies in-depth understanding of the marketplace and vendors as well as market trends and best practices across the overall category.
* Oversees contracts for assigned category that are typically complex, global, and cross- business unit.
* Reviews due diligence reviews, assessments, and vendor scorecards along with research done by more junior staff to evaluate potential and existing suppliers to assist in the development of a sourcing strategy.
* Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
* 8+ years of total relevant work experience
* Procurement / Sourcing experience within Advertising/Marketing, Print and Mail, Memberships and Subscriptions
* Negotiates acceptable contracting outcomes using custom solutions
* Professional experience managing competitive bidding or RFx projects
* Develops and utilizes supply chain, business, and financial modeling to determine and implement decisions that contribute to corporate objectives.
* Develops strategies for risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management and operations improvement.
* Innovates complex business models, drives associated strategies and influences the marketplace.
* 5+ years of experience in a global procurement function specifically in the area of category management, sourcing strategy, contracting, and supplier management
Job Family: Procurement
Track: Category Management
T. Rowe Price is committed to providing our associates with a comprehensive total rewards benefit program, including wellness, retirement and quality-of-life benefits. Please view What We Offer to see what's available to you.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.