Technology Business Analyst - Remote
Employment Type: Full-Time
Tailored Brands, Inc. is the largest specialty retailer of men's suits and the largest provider of tuxedo rental product in the U.S. and Canada. We operate retail stores in all 50 states and Canada. Our U.S. retail stores are operated under the brand names of Men's Wearhouse, Jos. A. Bank, Men's Wearhouse and Tux, K&G Fashion, and Joseph Abboud. Our Canadian stores are operated under the brand name of Moores in ten provinces.
The Technology Business Analyst will be responsible to review, analyze, evaluate and implement hardware and software technology projects that will meet business systems and user needs. Document requirements, define scope and objectives, define project plans and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies. This role will work closely with the Project Management, Technology Management and Technology Business teams.
* Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
* Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications
* Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
* Develop project plans and implementation schedules for assigned projects
* Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
* Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
* Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
* Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models
* Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs of the client group
* Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
* Plan and coordinate the development of primary and secondary market research studies in support of strategic planning and specific IT initiatives, as required and presents findings.
Skills, Abilities, Experience & Qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Service or related field of study or equivalent work experience
* 3 Years or more experience in the preparation of Business Requirements, Project Plans and Project Management
* Microsoft Project experience strongly preferred
* Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
* Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
* Ability to work independently and with others
* Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
Work Environment, Physical & Mental Demands
* Ability to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
* Ability to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist, and reach on a daily basis
* Must utilize visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer and office equipment
* As work needs dictate, ability to work 40 hours per week from the Company's Houston, Texas corporate office with flexibility to work additional hours based on project needs
* Travel - up to 15% (including overnight travel) will be required; therefore, must be flexible to travel with short notice
* Able to lift and move up to 10 pounds occasionally
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Tailored Brands requires all Corporate & Shared Services employees either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated; or (b) obtain an approved reasonable accommodation exempting them from this requirement due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief or practice, as a condition of employment. For purposes of this policy, a fully vaccinated person is someone who has received all recommended dose(s) of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO), including vaccinations that have been approved pursuant to an Emergency Use Authorization, and it has been at least 14 days since the administration of the final dose.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.