Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Salary $10.00 Maximum Salary $11.50
This position teaches swim techniques, skills and water safety to students of various ages based on YMCA of the USA Aquatics Program Guidelines.
Essential functions and responsibilities includes, but not limited to:
* Prepares and follows lesson plans for each session which are appropriate for the age and skill level of students.
* Complete all necessary paperwork and record keeping (i.e. skill sheets, attendance, and progress reports.)
* Prepares pool with necessary equipment prior to class ensuring the equipment is clean and in working order.
* Maintains a safe instructional environment, reports accidents/incidents promptly and maintains order and discipline during classes
* Is available to speak with members/students before and/or after class to provide information or answer questions
* Establishes and maintains a professional image and rapport with members and students
* Perform rescues and emergency procedures in accordance with facility polices and certification requirements
Completes all job related and other trainings as required.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
The Tampa Y is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.