Electrical Technician II
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Service Tech II - Electrical (intermediate level) is responsible for maintenance and repair of electronic components and equipment and ensure equipment is running correctly. Refers to schematics and performs visual inspections for basic problems. Uses diagnostic equipment to pinpoint malfunctions. Once identified, defective components are repaired or replaced.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call 'Partners' are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the '100 Best Places to Work', 'Top 50 Training Organizations' and 'Top 30 Companies to Retire From' due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
* Diagnoses electrical system performance through observation, testing and setup as required by trade/position. Performs aerial, electrical and lighting installations to include energized electrical work. Performs planned maintenance and inspections as indicated in the service agreement. Proficiently operates hand tools, power tools, gauges and measuring equipment, testing and metering devices.
* Completes service contracts, quoted projects and demand service calls while maintaining profitability. Develops long-term relationships with customers and explains work performed to the customer's satisfaction.
* Participates in technician on-call-stand-by rotation as dictated by business unit policies and procedures.
* Safely drives a motor vehicle and trailer as evidenced by past driving performance record. Meets requirements of company vehicle driving policy, and adheres to all company safety requirements.
* Completes documentation of invoicing data based on hours worked and materials/equipment used to complete the service.
* Maintains equipment, tools, and inventory stock on service vehicle.
* Purchases materials and issues purchase order numbers to suppliers. Uses technology/software to create and modify programming such as graphics, data bases, sequences, etc.
High School Diploma or GED required.Two-year technical degree in related field is preferred.
Maintains required registrations, professional licenses and/or certifications as required by the position.Required in Texas: Electrical Journeyman License.
2-5 years of experience as a Service Technician.
Required: Electrical installations and troubleshooting skills to include: lighting installations, aerial lighting, and energized electrical work.Must be able to read schematics and blue prints. Diagnostic ability as demonstrated through prior experience and/or training.Performs as self-managed individual.Professional demeanor, solid interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication capability.Demonstrates strong business ethics at all times.