Group Leader - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
Tracking Code: 183449 Job Location: Elkhart, IN Country: United States
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers and marketers serving the light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial and aftermarket industries. Our portfolio consists of Clean Air, Powertrain, Aftermarket, and Ride Performance products and technology solutions. With our product portfolio, dedication to quality, global reach, entrepreneurial setting and competitive strength, we're at a great place to build a lasting career.
We are looking for a Group Leader for 2nd Shift at our Elkhart, Indiana plant to contribute to our Clean Air business unit. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing all manufacturing related activities in your designated area on your shift. Our top candidate will have at least eight years of production experience and at least four years of leadership experience, ideally in the automotive industry.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
* Lead, develop, and manage performance of multiple hourly team leaders and their respective team members.
* Guide team leaders in optimizing resources in the most efficient manner consistent with standardized work procedures, work instructions, quality standards, and safety parameters.
* Conduct daily and weekly safety inspection and training to ensure departmental operations and personnel are in compliance with OSHA and corporate safety guidelines.
* Investigate, report and communicate all accidents, injuries and/or illnesses and near misses.
* Champion 'Continuous Improvement' of Standardized Work and the 5S process.
* Build cross functional working relationships to achieve work and team goals.
* At least four years of related leadership experience.
* At least eight years of experience in production within a manufacturing environment.
* Bachelor's degree in business or technical field preferred.
* Automotive industry experience preferred.