Families FIRST - Assessment/Outpatient Clinician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Families FIRST Assessment Clinician. Working as part of a team for the Terros Health's Families FIRST program. This individual will impact the lives of families trying to overcome the barrier of substance abuse in order to reach family reunification and self-sufficiency. The Families FIRST program gives back to the community by generously sponsoring vulnerable children and families affiliated with all of our programs, in providing gifts for children or other essential household items to positively impact them during the holiday season. The individual will need to be professional, friendly, a self-starter, organized, and compassionate.
We are a healthcare company focused on the whole person, providing primary care and specializing in mental health and substance use treatment for the last 50 years. We help people live their lives in recovery and we save lives every day.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply!
Recently awarded among Arizona's Most Admired Companies in 2020 by AZ Big Media
Terros Health is now hiring for a Full-Time Families FIRST Assessment Clinician.
This position is available throughout Northern Arizona.
Behavioral Health Experience Preferred, New Grads Considered
Maintains Arizona Arizona License: LCSW, LPC, LISAC, LMSW, LAC, LASAC or LMFT in Good Standing
Master's degree, i.e., MA, MC, MSW, in a Behavioral Health Field
Offering Excellent Salary
$ Bilingual Language Differential Pay Available!
The Arizona Families F.I.R.S.T. (AFF) Assessment Clinician works closely with the Department of Child Safety (DCS) Specialist, the Terros Health Service Team, and other collateral community contacts to engage AFF referred clients. The engagement process includes conducting a comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment in order to determine the diagnosis and individual treatment needs of the client.
The AFF Assessment Clinician may complete assessments for AFF clients referred from any of the Terros Health-contracted regions, including Maricopa East, Maricopa West, Northern and Southern regions. The AFF Assessment Clinician participates in the development of the Service Plan through the service team format, which strives to effectively meet the patient's/family's needs and aims to result in improve health outcomes.
This position is responsible for providing evidence-based, therapeutic interventions which may include outpatient counseling services for adults, children, adolescents, families, couples and groups.
Assessment Clinician Duties Include:
* Prior to the assessment, reviews the DCS referral and supplemental documents to gain insight about the family system from DCS' perspective, including prior treatment attempts, child safety threats related to substance use, and other barriers to reunification.
* Conducts a comprehensive biopsychosocial and ASAM Criteria® assessment to identify whether the patient requires treatment, and if so, the treatment level of care and supportive services necessary to meet the patient's needs.
* Requests additional information from the referring DCS/DES Specialist if the determination from the assessment is that substance use disorder treatment is not recommended.
* Coordinates with the Care Coordinator to make referral to an appropriate facility, should the ASAM Criteria® assessment indicates a need for stabilization services (medical detoxification).
* Completes care coordination activities as needed with other entities to ensure individual client needs are identified, included in the assessment, and addressed in the Service Plan.
* Achieves designated performance measures, health quality measures, health outcomes, related to the Triple Aim framework.
Terros Health offers an excellent benefit package including, but not limited to:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Group life and disability insurance
* Employer matched 401(k)
* Generous PTO/paid sick leave (4+ weeks in year 1)
* Wellness and employee assistance plan
* Must possess a Master's degree, i.e., MA, MC, MSW, in a behavioral health field.
* Arizona behavioral health license (other than LBSW) or eligible for Arizona license from Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
* Must have ability to perform first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation as necessary and appropriate.
* Knowledge in use of Electronic Health Record. NextGen a plus.
* Experience working with diverse populations and bilingual desired.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Must pass background check in accordance with Terros Health and DCS requirements which includes, but is not limited to, no restraining orders within the last 10 years.
* Must pass DCS Central Registry check without any disqualifying events.
* Must have valid Arizona driver's license, be 22 years of age with minimum 3 years driving experience and meet requirements of Terros Health's driving policy
* Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 7 working days of assuming role.
* Must pass a TB Test.
Physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Terros Health remains open for all our patients' health and wellness needs. We have put in place many protocols to protect our employees and patients and to create a safe work environment. Visit our website to learn more: https://www.terroshealth.org/covid-19/