Grants Program Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Your Role (replaces 'Responsibilities'):
Responsible for identifying and assisting with the pursuit of opportunities related to FEMA and HUD grant programs including Public Assistance and Hazard Mitigation Assistance, Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities, Community Development Block Grants - Disaster Recovery, Mitigation, etc. Such activities may include business development support or leadership in preparation of proposals including staff and subcontracting team composition, teaming agreements, scope preparation, organization, budget preparation, and overall positioning of submittal.
* Individual will be responsible for managing client accounts focused on grant applications, and post-award grant management. Application development activities include directing/coordinating the collection, analyses and synthesis of data to develop all aspects of a grant application including benefit cost analysis. Grant monitoring and management activities including ensuring regulatory compliance, submittal of time extensions, change requests, appeals support; reporting; financial compliance review including requests for reimbursement, and tracking of grant management costs; and closeout.
* Individual will be responsible for managing client relationship, budget, project schedule and deliverables for development of Action Plans, grant applications, and/or post-award CDBG grant management. Responsibilities may include, depending on contracted services, creation of Action Plan, organizational capacity assessment, program design and establishment of parameters, process flows, policies and procedures, staff training, federal compliance, reporting, audit support, and closeout.
* Individual will be responsible for grant monitoring activities including time extensions, change requests, and appeals support; compliance with 2 CFR 200; financial compliance review including requests for reimbursement, and tracking of grant management costs.
* Individual may be required to work with subconsultant team, this will include financial compliance review including requests for reimbursement, and tracking of grant management costs, time extensions, change requests, and appeals support; compliance with 2 CFR 200; labor standards monitoring, Davis Bacon and Section 3 compliance; and waste, fraud and abuse prevention.
Qualifications (replaces 'Requirements'):
* 5+ years' experience with grant development and administration including FEMA Public Assistance and HMA funding projects and participated in CDBG-DR, MIT and/or CV long-term recovery grant management and advisory services engagements with state, county or local clients and successful track record in business development activities.
* Knowledge of other funding sources and grant administration such as US Economic Development Administration, Federal Emergency Management Agency, US Department of Agriculture, US Environmental Protection Agency or others a plus.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following characteristics:
* Understanding of the emergency management and homeland security environment within the public sector and private sector.
* Strong team player displaying enthusiasm and a true commitment to personal and team growth and development.
* Interest and ability to work in a collaborative manner functioning as an active participant.
* Individual must demonstrate strong leadership, business development, and communication, technical and organizational skills.
* Ability to create and foster relationships and opportunities within the internal Tetra Tech network.
* Ability to interface with outside clients on projects, representing Tetra Tech well while fostering the relationship and identifying new opportunities.
* Works as a problem solver.
* Flexibility and the ability to adapt to ever-changing situations.
* Excellent constructive communicator, both written and verbal.
* Demonstrated ability to successfully support complex and time sensitive projects, manage time and client requests and resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Need to have strong attention to detail.
* Demonstrated accomplishments in selling and completing projects.
* Experience as a seller/doer preferred.
Must be highly motivated, customer focused, and work well in a team environment. Strong leadership, business development, oral communication, and technical writing skills required. Strong working knowledge of FEMA and HUD grant programs, Federal Register notices, Housing and Community Development Act and 2 CFR 200.
The successful candidate must also demonstrate the following characteristics:
* Must be highly motivated, client focused and work well in a team environment.
* Must be able to manage time well and work on tasks as part of a larger project team.
* Must demonstrate a flexible style and an ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and ability to multi-task.
* Must demonstrate ability to thoroughly and correctly deliver client-requested tasks under expedited time constraints.
* Direct experience with technical writing for reports and other project deliverables is preferred.
* Must have a strong attention to detail.
* Familiarity with social media platforms and public outreach techniques.
* Familiarity with programmatic applications and platforms to develop and manage grants.
* Excellent written and verbal communication, client interaction and organizational skills.
* Interest and ability to mentor those you manage as well as junior staff.
* Must be able to pass a background check as well as drive a motor vehicle and pass a motor vehicle records check.
Education and Certifications:
* B.S. accounting, engineering/science, emergency management, or homeland security preferred. Masters degree preferred
* Participate on both driving and walking site tours throughout communities that may involve many different types of terrain and conditions.
* Work and travel to client locations may be required.
* Some work in the evenings and weekend may be required
* Generally, the consultant will work in a remote-office environment and use computer and telephone to conduct business. Some travel to the Tetra Tech office and client offices may be required
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
* Organization: 103 EMI