Project Mgr/Client Mgr - Virginia
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is seeking a Senior Project/Client Manager for our Virginia Beach/Norfolk/Hampton Roads region with experience in the planning, design, operations and management of a wide variety of water/wastewater and stormwater projects. The ideal candidate has also organized and managed the delivery of large metropolitan infrastructure projects from planning, design, through construction.
* Participating in municipal client business development activities, including:
* Developing strategic capture plans, marketing materials and presentations;
* Setting up meetings and making presentations to prospective clients;
* Leading and/or preparing technical proposals and cost estimates;
* Serving as seller-doer to increase market share with current/new clients;
* Participating in and leading project teams in the planning, design and construction administration of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure facilities;
* Coordinating work activities of various technical staff and consultants, including developing and implementing study and design standards for consultants to follow, leading progress meetings, preparing meeting agendas and minutes and tracking project schedules and budgets;
* Coordinating work activities and communicating with various municipalities and governmental regulating agencies;
* Overseeing construction contract management and observation services;
* Preparing reports and permit applications regarding water/wastewater;
* Supervising and mentoring entry-level engineers;
* Demonstrating professional technical writing and verbal skills;
* BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering (other disciplines may be considered; MS preferred);
* 10+ years of experience in water/wastewater discipline - as a W/WW Engineer and/or Project Manager, designing (study, plans and specifications) municipal water/wastewater treatment and collection/distribution projects;
* PE license in VA is required, or ability to receive in 6 months;
* Progressive experience in the evaluation, design, permitting and construction administration of water/wastewater treatment facilities, pumping stations, water storage and distribution facilities and wastewater collection systems;
* Demonstrated project management experience, including budget and schedule monitoring and control responsibilities;
* Experienced in client relations and business development;
* Leader and team player possessing strong planning and organizational skills;
* Local client experience is required;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective client presentations and written report preparation
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
* Organization: 200 IEW#06022021