Utility Inventory and Mapping Data Collector, Nationwide
Employment Type: Part-Time
Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is an industry leader in Infrastructure Asset Management Services. We complete numerous infrastructure and utility condition assessment, mapping and inventory projects for government and commercial clients worldwide each year. Our assessments include field data collection on the salient attributes of building and utility equipment including the condition, history, level of maintenance, ownership, and other data to establish the physical and mechanical condition of various equipment. Our mapping services include global positioning system (GPS) surveying efforts of exterior building equipment and utility infrastructure. Tetra Tech is seeking part time field technicians with general experience in the physical aspects of building and utility systems to work on projects across the U.S.
What you will be doing:
* Strict adherence to Tetra Tech health and safety policies and procedures.
* Perform inventory data collection on buildings, structures and other real property assets including linear utility distribution equipment.
* Conduct inventory and condition assessments data collection in accordance with procedures developed by Tetra Tech to meet client requirements.
* With training, operate surveying equipment collection equipment within GPS networks established by qualified personnel.
* Utilize electronic mediums (smartphone, tablets, or other devices) efficiently to accurately capture inventory and condition assessment data.
* Provide quality assurance over field data collected by self or others to ensure accuracy and eliminate data gaps.
* Field work on-site in both CONUS and OCONUS on trips lasting 1-3 weeks.
* Use of various inventory data systems. Project activities can also include obtaining and correlating existing building drawings, preparing data collection devices, providing basic maintenance and operation of collection devices, and utilizing a variety of common instruments (laser measures, digital cameras, etc.) to complete measurements and documentation of attribute data for entry into a common dataset.
What we are looking for:
* A technical associates or bachelor's degree is highly desired. Examples include, engineering (civil, mechanical, electrical, environmental) or geomatics, this list is not all inclusive.
* Candidates without a technical degree will be considered if they can demonstrate 3+ years of practical experience dealing with building and utility infrastructure systems.
* Previous experience working in public works and facility management for military, federal agencies, municipal or public works departments is desired.
* Experience (5+ years) performing asset assessments is desired, however Tetra Tech offers a robust training program for people with a willingness to learn.
* The inventory and mapping collection requirements are varied and often vary from one location to the next. Successful candidates will generally be comfortable working in field environments collecting information on building and utility systems. Candidates should be able to demonstrate some knowledge of building or utility systems through prior experience working with these systems or in general facilities maintenance or the construction industry.
* Successful candidates will also have a strong desire to learn more about the technology used to assess and collect inventory and mapping information of various systems and be comfortable entering data in portable electronic devices.
* Candidates shall be capable of opening manholes and other utility infrastructure to conduct visual inspections and perform inventory data collection. Confined space entry is not required for this position.
* Ability to work independently with minimum Project Manager oversight while maintaining schedule discipline.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
* Interact with Project Manager, Technical Leads, and co-workers to ensure compliance with project scope objectives.
* U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a National Agency Check with Local Agency Check (NACLC) clearance from the Department of Defense (DoD).
* Valid state driver license and ability to obtain U.S. Passport.
* Successfully pass a Department of Motor Vehicles background check.
* Candidates will be required to travel to work sites and may be exposed to varied weather conditions, including heat and cold weather.
* Candidates can expect to spend most of their workdays outside working in teams of 2-4 people for 8-10 hours per day on occasions for many days in a row.
* Depending on the project schedule some weekend work will be required.
* Normally work schedules are set 21-30 days in advance.
* When not conducting field assessment work, candidates will normally return to their home, some remote support work may be available, but otherwise would wait for next field assignment.
Candidates will be expected to lift manhole covers and may be required to lift 50-pound objects on an occasional basis. Workdays can be long with candidates required to be on their feet for extended hours, climbing ladders, crawling in small spaces (utility tunnels, crawl spaces, etc.), and possibly covering 4-6 miles of walking.
Candidate must be fluent in the English language; speaking, reading, comprehension and writing.
Candidates must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs (i.e., Word, Excel, and Access or related database software). Familiarity using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is desired but not required.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
* Organization: 178 TTS