Senior Project Leader
Employment Type: Full-Time
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Support government personnel in the acquisition, integration and operations of space missions.
* Provide direct, program office support to the Space Rapid Capabilities Office in the concept development, acquisition, and execution of missions of national significance.
* Lead and coordinate team of technical contributors, including advanced and/or senior technical experts. Serve as principal technical advisor to Government Program Manager.
* Interact effectively and efficiently with government customers to provide independent and direct assistance in the development of systems analyses, requirements, processes, products, risk assessment and mission utility.
* Provide system engineering support in the execution of customer programs including program planning, assessment of end-to-end system design, identification of risk and coordination of risk mitigation activities to ensure mission success.
* Lead and perform in-depth technical analysis, evaluations, and experimentation against identified risk areas using in-house and reach back expertise from ETG and the Labs across a wide range of satellite development expertise.
* Work with Enterprise partners to establish role of program within the USSF, requiring extensive interaction with DoD, USAF, and intelligence community organizations.
* This position is based at Kirtland AFB, New Mexico. Frequent travel required to the mission partners, contractor facilities and operational sites.
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
* A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
* Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
* Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
* Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
* Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
* 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of whether you contribute
* Paid holidays and paid time off
* Flexible spending accounts
* Relocation assistance (if applicable)
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.