Area Sales Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Azek Building Products Area Sales Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with distributors and dealers, generating awareness of, demand for, and sales of AZEK / TimberTech products among builders, architects, remodelers, contractors/installers (i.e. end users) in their geographic area of responsibility. A Territory Manager must be knowledgeable in all aspects of products, application, value proposition, and channel to market strategy for both AZEK and TimberTech lines.
* Create distributor plans, monitor performance and take corrective action when necessary.
* Develop and manage a target/conversion list of dealers, architects, builders, remodelers and contractors/installers
* Provide in-field training to builders, remodelers, installers and other end users as appropriate.
* Maintain aggressive end user call schedule throughout the year; meet with end users to generate awareness and understanding of AZEK's/TimberTech's existing and new products and services.
* Develop and maintain relationships with select dealers and their dealer sales representatives (key dealers in the geography)
* Schedule and conduct periodic field sales calls with dealer sales representatives
* Schedule and conduct periodic joint dealer calls with distribution representatives.
* Develop and maintain relationships with distributor management and distributor sales representatives.
* Train dealer representatives (if not performed by distributor representatives).
* Train distributor representatives
* Introduce AZEK/TimberTech programs and gain commitments (e.g. Alliance)
* Schedule and conduct end user events at the dealer yard
* Consult with distributors and dealers regarding usage of marketing and promotional funds
* Respond to end user questions and inquiries about products, product availability (i.e. where to buy), applications and terms on a timely basis
* Actively participate in the resolution of customer concerns/complaints. Assist in the warranty claims process in the field by sending data and information to the Warranty team/Customer Service Department.
* Induce end users to trial AZEK/TimberTech products and convert them to ongoing customers.
* Generate, track and coordinate opportunities (leads) with the appropriate local dealers and their sales representatives
* Create and maintain customer records using company provided automated systems (i.e. CRM)
* Assist in creation and/or maintenance of product displays in the field (e.g. Countertop, wall, custom displays, etc).
* Act as a representative at trade shows nationally and/or regionally
* Prepare sales analysis reports (e.g. growth trends, YOY comparison, etc.)
* Actively manage and maintain an up to date Outlook calendar reflecting all appointments/schedules
* Keep supervisor informed of key issues/changes occurring in assigned territory such as: competitor programs/products/actions, changes in dealers/distributors, dealer personnel, etc.
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) strongly preferred
Experience: Three to seven years related sales experience
Computer Skills: Applied skill in use of Microsoft office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word). Use of computer to enter data,
create reports, correspondence, etc.
Certifications & Licenses: Valid drivers license.
Other Requirements: Ability to travel in common forms of transportation ( Plane, car, train)