Real Estate - Portfolio Management, Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $619 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone's real estate business was founded in 1991 and has $187 billion of investor capital under management. Blackstone is one of the largest property owners in the world, owning and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, multifamily and single family housing, office, hospitality and retail. Our opportunistic funds seek to acquire undermanaged, well-located assets across the world. Blackstone's Core+ strategy invests in substantially stabilized real estate globally through regional open-ended funds focused on high-quality assets and Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. (BREIT), a non-listed REIT that invests in U.S. income-generating assets. Blackstone Real Estate also operates one of the leading global real estate debt businesses, providing comprehensive financing solutions across the capital structure and risk spectrum, including management of Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE: BXMT).
This position is organizationally aligned with the Real Estate Portfolio Management team to successfully deliver on critical portfolio management & valuation reporting projects. The scope of the role includes projects across all real estate strategies (opportunistic and core+) as well as initiatives related to the portfolio management companies. The Portfolio Management Reporting Analyst is responsible for executing project tasks and smaller project streams assigned by the project lead and stakeholders. Additionally, specific responsibilities will include:
* Delivering timely and accurate reporting materials to support and facilitate Portfolio Management's oversight of the global real estate portfolio
* Interacting with internal stakeholders to coordinate and synthesize data and analytics from across the real estate portfolio and working to automate and streamline requirements with data sourcing
* Coordinating project tasks and streams; developing and maintaining project timelines and management updates
* Documenting business requirements for reporting and process changes
* Identifying opportunities for process efficiency improvements
* Driving and coordinating user testing activities and provide training to end users
* Planning and executing data migration
* Reconciling and validating migrated data and reports
* Coordinating & working directly with offshore teams
* Functional user support on a day-to-day basis
* Acting as a liaison between the portfolio management, technology, and finance teams participating in and contributing to shared projects
* Acting as a system super user helping others to leverage systems more effectively and establishing best practice system processes
* Candidates must have 1+ years of relevant experience in business analysis / project management and/or portfolio reporting
* Prior Real Estate Investment, Investment Banking, or Portfolio / Fund management experience preferred
* The ability to effectively work as an individual contributor and possess strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
* The ability to multitask and deliver under tight deadlines; the candidate is a self-starter that thrives on complexity and solution finding
* Working experience with:
* Portfolio reporting systems (e.g. iLevel or Voyanta),
* Property management systems (e.g. Argus Enterprise, Yardi)
* Debt management systems (e.g. Chatham Financial)
* Business modeling tools (e.g. Anaplan) and data visualization and BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, etc.) is preferred.
* Strong Microsoft Office skills (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word); The candidate is expected to have experience building and working with large data validation files (Pivots, V-Lookups) as well as some experience of building macros in MS Excel
* The profile involves effective communication across Blackstone's real estate operations globally and hence possessing excellent interpersonal and communication skills verbally and written is a must
* A demonstrated ability to write effectively and summarize large amounts of information succinctly and quickly
* A desire to work in an international team environment, often under pressure and with multiple stakeholders
The business analyst is responsible for delivery and in many aspects of Portfolio Management, valuation reporting, and technology re-engineering and will be staffed on a number of assignments at once. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, team members have the opportunity to assume integral roles on the team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered 'prefer not to say'). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.