Manager, Print R&D
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
About the role
Oversee print execution and color across the Old Navy assortment each season and champion best in class, conceptual design intent. Manage all phases of print development and execution with an emphasis on maintaining a cohesive aesthetic across multiple divisions and categories.
What you'll do
* Supports CAD team during development stages in refinement of CAD so that all print/yarn dye CAD files meet production standards, while protecting aesthetic intent.
* Provides expert technical support, advice, and guidance regarding what results feasible within bulk commercial execution of print/yarn dye according to substrate, finishing, and technique.
* Designs and leads training for Product Development, Design, and CAD teams, to effectively manage the print submit process, brand relevant print methods + techniques, and print communication tools.
* Partners with Design on seasonal application of print to fabric, across all divisions/categories.
* Sets hand feel standard for printed product.
* Travels oversees to mills in order to perform in-season approvals when needed.
* Tracks supplier print capabilities and limitations to help inform CAD development.
* Works closely with Global Sourcing teams to advise both overall brand and divisional feel and aesthetic direction.
* Owns subjective print execution + color approvals to successfully achieve holistic design intent, versus verbatim approvals.
* Troubleshoots in-season print execution and/or color challenges, either level setting with appropriate teams, or providing viable commercial solutions.
* Conducts monthly store walk throughs to ensure that bulk printed product matches brand standards.
Who you are
* In depth knowledge of commercial textiles, dyeing, finishing, washing and print methods/techniques.
* Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, NED Graphics, and Excel.
* Strong ability to influence and persuade.
* Solution oriented.
* Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Exceptional taste level, with a strong sense of trend/color.
* Ability to quickly establish a rapport, winning trust with a high volume of cross functional, cross divisional partners.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
* Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
* One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
* Employees can take up to five 'on the clock' hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
* Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
* Employee stock purchase plan.*
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
* See more of the benefits we offer.
* For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.