Middle Market Renewal Underwriter
Employment Type: Full-Time
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
We have a collaborative and results oriented environment, where approachable industry leaders mentor and inspire their teams to win in the market and have fun while doing it.
We'll Be a Good Match if You Have:
* A customer-first mindset, putting our customers at the center of everything you do.
* A passion for making decisions through both analyzing data and employing critical thinking skills.
* A team spirit and desire to work collaboratively.
* A financial mindset to help make the best decisions.
* Ability to own our work and following through on commitments.
* Ability to decipher and execute within a fluid and changing business environment.
* An understanding of how to build relationships and trust among diverse groups.
As a Property & Casualty Middle Market Underwriter at The Hartford, your primary role will be to underwrite Middle Market renewal accounts, servicing the needs of our agency partners on an account by account basis, including the following responsibilities:
* Underwrites renewal business including some New Business opportunities achieved through account rounding and cross selling
* Seamlessly applies all applicable Underwriting guidelines when making decisions
* Responsible for and influences renewal retention and risk-reward outcomes using HIG pricing and underwriting tools as guidance
* Acts as a trusted advisor to the agency
* Partners with other underwriters in an assigned territory to drive better results and build deeper Hartford agency relationships
* Manages cross-sell, up-sell, and account rounding opportunities across team
* Sources opportunities for other team members
* Consulting with the agents to answer questions regarding coverage, explaining processes, directing the agents to appropriate resources within the Hartford based on their unique needs
* Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
* 3 + years of P&C Middle Market Carrier underwriting experience is required
* Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining solid relationships with all internal and external business partners
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
* An ability to think analytically about business problems, make recommendations and propose solutions.
* High energy self-starter, who is resilient and has an entrepreneurial spirit
* Demonstration of solid time, organizational, and desk management skills
* Sales and goal-oriented with a strong desire to deliver outcomes
* Ability to challenge the status quo and compete to win
* Superior technical knowledge and sound decision-making and analytical skills.
Position title and level will be determined after careful evaluation of the selected candidate's experience and skills.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$59,440 - $116,880
Our company's success is due to our employees' dedication and passion for their work. They are our greatest asset. That's why we are committed to offering employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being programs. By helping our employees achieve their full potential, we unlock our own. Visit https://www.thehartford.com/careers/benefits for details.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Senior Underwriter Center - UY08DE