Employment Type: Full-Time
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Hartford is seeking a pioneering Telematics Lead to drive their telematics product strategy and manage their portfolio of usage-based insurance products. The Telematics Lead will set the course of The Hartford's new product development strategy in one of the most exciting product lines in insurance, improving and innovating our current TrueLane telematics program, while exploring and delivering new insurance solutions to take advantage of changing trends in mobility. The Telematics Lead will also drive our telematics data and intelligence strategy, working with data scientists to turn driving behavior data into actionable insights. This highly visible role requires exceptional communication and influencing skills; the Telematics Lead will effectively build relationships, lead cross-functional teams, present to executive leadership, all while managing change across the organization. This position reports directly to the Product Lead for Personal Auto in support of a $2B book of business. This role can be remotely based anywhere within the United States.
* Create a new product development strategy and roadmap in usage-based insurance for Personal Lines, leveraging cross-functional resources to deliver new products to market.
* Lead the continued development of product capabilities within the TrueLane telematics program, with a goal to expand enrollment, increase customer engagement and improve financial results.
* Develop and implement new insurance solutions for changing mobility needs, harnessing the power of telematics and usage-based insurance to develop attractive solutions for customers.
* Create a pipeline of future new product concepts and an evaluation framework to prioritize the most impactful projects.
* Build strong relationships across Personal Lines and the enterprise to successfully deliver products to market. Lead change management for new products across the organization, including frequent communication and training for Product Management, front-line staff, and other stakeholders.
* Manage the relationships for third party telematics providers, coordinating on strategic ventures and influencing future engagements.
* Lead a small direct team, with strong indirect influence over resources across Personal Lines.
* Minimum of five years of telematics auto insurance experience with a strong understanding of the program design, data architecture and customer experience of usage-based insurance required
* Minimum two years of relevant product development or product management experience required
* Proven track record of challenging existing processes and influencing others in the spirit of continuous improvement
* Strong project management and prioritization skills with an ability to influence and communicate to a variety of audiences
* Effective relationship and influencing skills; the Telematics Lead will work cross-functionally to bring innovative new products to market with an iterative, test-and-learn approach
* Experience leading and developing a high performing team
* Demonstrated: creative problem solving, analytical and strategic thinking skills, and passion for delivering strong financial results
* Strong technical skills including - expert level Excel skills; experience with SQL, Python, R, SAS, Toad or other similar tools desirable
* Able and willing to travel as required (anticipated 10-15% of the time) as Covid conditions permit
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Dir Product Development - ED06BE