Employment Type: Full-Time
The Kelly Group is seeking an experienced Shop Welder for its Lafayette, Indiana, facility. Candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of MIG welding experience.
The essential functions of this position include:
* MIG welding of mild steel, aluminum and stainless steel
* Squaring up and welding of various geometries and components
* Understanding various weld form symbols on blueprints
* Both vertical and horizontal welding
* Thorough understanding of setup techniques
* Ability to read prints and understand weld symbols
* Capable of setup, layout and tack up of various metals
* Ability to tack up structures to high tolerance and weld out to exact tolerances
* Ability to meet safety standards in appropriate rigging procedures
* Ability to move parts throughout fabrication facility
* Industrial construction experience preferred; related experience and/or training will be considered
Other preferred qualifications sought include:
* Industrial construction experience
The Kelly Group offers a complete benefits package, including a 401(k) plan and health, life and dental insurance.
The Kelly Group is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Kelly Group https://thekellygroup.applicantpro.com