Target Optical - Optician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition ID: 458801
At Target Optical, we help people see and look great - and have a blast doing it! We make caring for people's vision fun.
There's always more to see at Target Optical - more style, more fun, and more opportunities to find a career that fits your already-full life. Put your career in focus with us!
The Optician drives profitable sales growth, attracts and retains guests for life by delivering exceptional Guest service. This is accomplished through development of a positive and productive retail-selling environment that ensures premier Guest Service, Guest retention, as well as outstanding Optical Team/Doctor satisfaction.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Drives profitable store sales by fostering a retail selling culture by practicing and role-playing effective retail sales skills.
* Develops professional business relationships with other Team Members.
* Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions, fits and adapts lenses and frames utilizing optical prescription.
* Ensures high quality/timely product manufacturing/fabrication.
* Verifies visual acuity.
* Analyzes and interprets prescriptions and lens design.
* Measures pupillary distances, bifocal, trifocal and progressive placement.
* Selects and measures frame for facial contour, eye size and bridge size and temple length.
* Fits and adjusts eyewear to the face and eyes.
* Dispenses contact lenses.
* Dispense quality products.
* High School Degree or equivalent
* ABO Certification
* 2+ years in Retail Optical
* Basic computer skills
* Independent and self-motivated
* Ability to grow sales through sales skills
* Enthusiastic and concise communications
* Attention to detail
* Associates Degree
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Troy
Nearest Secondary Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Ophthalmic, Retail Sales, Healthcare, Retail