Medical Assistant - Primary Care Float Pool
Employment Type: Full-Time
This position is eligible for a $5000 sign on bonus!
Hours: Full Time; Variable Days between Sunday to Saturday; Variable Hours 7:00am to 6:00pm
Location: The Polyclinic Northgate Plaza and Ballard, (On rare occasions, may require travel to Downtown and Madison Center)
The Float Medical Assistant's role is to provide temporary support to all providers that may require clinical or front office support. The Float MA's communication, conduct and performance should support the Polyclinic's efforts in becoming a High Performance Organization.
* Greet customers into the practice and provide instruction and/or direction as necessary both on the phone and in person.
* Obtain vital signs
* Administer approved medications outlined by WAC under provider's direction.
* Assist provider in procedures and treatments.
* Repeat patient concerns and relay physician directions.
* Schedule and coordinate all patient appointments as directed.
* Register all patients into the Mysis system according to the policies and procedures established by the Practice Management Dept. and CBO.
* Collect, post and balance payments according to the policies and procedures established by the Practice Management and CBO Dept.
* Document patient care activities in the electronic medical record according to the policies and procedures established by the Practice Management Dept.
* Ensure the exam rooms are tidy upon arrival and departure.
* Stock and prepare exam rooms throughout duration of the assignment.
* Practice safety and OSHA regulations in regards to biohazard waste and non-biohazard waste.
* Maintain an organized and clean work area, free of clutter.
* Follow established policy and procedures related to the position.
* Complete all documentation and records with accuracy as directed or necessary for the patient's care.
* Meet or exceed the performance measures established by the PM Dept.
* Participate and contribute in a team-based environment.
* Maintain a team supportive attendance record.
* Understand and deliver quality care and service consistent with the Polyclinic's efforts in becoming a High Performance Organization.
* Follow OSHA/WISHA (including usage of PPE) guidelines
* Follow HIPPA regulations
* Adapt and perform effectively in a continuously changing environment, and in occasional difficult situations.
* Communication, conduct and dress portray a professional quality at all time
* High school diploma or GED
* Completion of a medical assistant program or completion of military medical corpsman program.
* One to two years experience as a medical assistant, preferred.
* Current Medical Assistant - Certified credential in Washington State or current Interim Medical Assistant - Certified permit in Washington State (Required to obtain Medical Assistant - Certified credential in Washington State prior to the interim permit expiration date).
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
Copyright © by The Polyclinic All Rights Reserved