Business Relationship Manager - Food Ingredients/Asia
Employment Type: Full-Time
An employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America, Asia, and other locations world-wide. For over 127 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular's experts to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe.
The BRM partners with business stakeholders' as a single point of focus and contact to enable the best information technology solutions that align with strategic business needs. They are a strategic, visionary thinker that will influence the business demand for technology.
* Partner with business leadership to plan new initiatives and determine how they fit into business strategy and priorities.
* Develop a deep knowledge of the business unit and build positive relationships, both horizontally and vertically.
* Establish communication cadence with stakeholders to provide updates on progress of initiatives, discuss system or process opportunities, and brainstorm what's next/pie in the sky.
* Coordinate change management best practices to ensure effective business transformation and adoption on all technology initiatives.
* Work with project management to ensure a well-managed initiative portfolio.
* Stay current on industry trends and digital advances with potential for alignment against business needs.
* Inform IT team members on a regular basis of business initiatives and solutions under review for visibility and feedback.
* Focus on business value during ideation, including digital awareness, risk assessments, business continuity, and business capability requirements.
* Connect business priorities to planning activities and goal setting.
* Evaluate business unit initiatives as they relate to enterprise strategy to ensure alliance.
* Work with finance and project management to guarantee accurate budgeting and forecasting of projects.
* Solid understanding of IT, HR, and finance capabilities
* Strong communication skills in writing, speaking, and presenting
* Possess a diverse set of skills and experiences
* Ability to:
* Build rapport and credibility as a strategic partner
* Lead change
* Set expectations with business partners
* Influence and break down silos
* Focus on business value results, rather than solutions
* Map organizational vision
* Know when to push an agenda and when to let a situation sit
* Be accountable
* Navigate conflict
* Bachelor's degree or 5+ years of relevant experience
The Scoular Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer