Registered Nurse - Pre Op & PACU
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join the expert and multidisciplinary perioperative team in providing superb quality care and patient safety in Stamford Health's Renovated, state-of-the-art facilities in the role of the Pre-Op and PACU Registered Nurse. The team is seeking a full-time, clinically competent, professional, Pre-Op and PACU RN who assumes accountability for the preoperative, phase I, and phase II post anesthesia patients and their families, in collaboration with all other members of the health care team through the nursing process and in conjunction with the policies and procedures of Stamford Health System. This position services patients who are going for surgical procedures in both our general and ambulatory operating rooms. Thus, rotation between the Stamford Hospital main campus and the Tully Health Ambulatory Center required. Major responsibilities include:
* Providing safe patient care by assuring the presence of necessary documents, laboratory tests, consents, equipment, and radiology images.
* Initiating IVs and discontinuation of the same.
* Managing monitoring and respiratory equipment, fluid lines, tubes, drains, and catheters.
* Demonstrating ability to assist in intubating patients and displaying competency in ventilator use.
* Using good nursing judgement in determining appropriate nursing action and exhibiting control in emergency situations.
* Answering patient inquiries and ensuring patient comfort.
Schedule: Full Time. Flexibility required, the schedule is a combination of 10-hour shifts and 12 hour shifts. A variety of shifts are available, including shifts starting as early as 6AM and shifts ending as late as 11PM. Occasional weekends and on call required.
Stamford Health is committed to preventing the spread of infectious diseases and cares about your health and the health of our employees. To that end, if you are invited to interview in one of our offices/campuses, and you or a member of your family and/or significant other is experiencing symptoms (i.e. fever, coughing or other respiratory symptoms), or you simply don't feel well, please inform the HR Representative immediately so we may schedule your interview for a later date.
When arriving on our campus or site whether for an interview or to begin your employment with us, please note it is imperative you abide by CT State Guidelines on Travel Advisory, which can be found here https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Travel. Please schedule accordingly and update your HR Representative immediately to make any necessary arrangements/adjustments to scheduling.
* Current CT RN License required
* BLS/ ACLS certification required
* PALS certification within first year of hire
* Perianesthesia certification preferred
* Minimum 2 years previous experience in either a hospital or ambulatory surgical center setting required. PACU or ICU experience highly preferred.