Associate Account Executive, Agribusiness
Employment Type: Full-Time
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Commercial Agribusiness. Under moderate supervision, responsible for the profitability, growth and retention of assigned book of business within a territory consistent with overall business line objectives. Marketing and underwriting responsibilities typically include: Underwriting new and renewal business on less complex accounts. As a representative of the company, market to and develop relationships with agents and brokers. Receives moderate supervision on underwriting, marketing, and negotiation. Uses training/previous knowledge to develop a practical understanding of underwriting, marketing, business line products, services and processes. Differentiates between competing priorities and effectively handles desk in an organized workflow. The incumbent in this job does not manage others.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Underwriting and Pricing:
* Underwrites and assesses risk on less complex accounts.
* Uses good judgment in making decisions within own underwriting authority and makes recommendations on other accounts to meet business objectives.
* Initiates collaborative discussions.
Distribution and Agency Management:
* Effectively manages assigned agents/brokers (with guidance from higher level Account Executives) by developing and maintaining relationships to write and retain accounts consistent with business unit appetite.
* Meets with agents/brokers and insureds in order to build and maintain business relationship.
* Uses consultative selling approach to market products to agents and brokers.
* Identifies and captures new business opportunities and effectively cross sells market segment and Travelers products/businesses.
* Negotiates independently on routine/ less complex deals. Seeks guidance on more complex deals.
Executes Strategy and Drives Results:
* Develops and executes on a plan to meet business objectives.
Business Planning and Collaboration:
* Effectively collaborates with others on all aspects of job.
* Seeks enterprise-wide solutions to business problems.
* Takes initiative for personal development seeks to learn through underwriting, marketing, and other related opportunities.
* Other duties as assigned.
* 1 year of insurance/ underwriting experience required.
* In some lines of business, relevant agent/broker experience may be appropriate.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
* Bachelors degree preferred.
* Typically has 1-3 years of relevant Account Executive experience.
* Previous Agribusiness experience preferred.
* Demonstrates an understanding of the local insurance marketplace.
* Continuously seeks out market insight.
* Understands organizational and regulatory rules, policies and procedures and effectively employs that knowledge in day-to-day work activities.
Licensing or Certificates
* Valid driver's license or alternate means of personal transportation.
* CPCU designation preferred in some lines of business.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
* Business Perspective: Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the property & casualty industry to make decisions.
* Analytical Thinking: Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesizes and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
* Financial Acumen: Understands and uses financial information, tools and expense management principles to accomplish day-to-day work and maximize profitability.
* Relationship Management: Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
* The salary range in Colorado for this position is 59,700 to 89,600.
* To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit.
* All employees are eligible for performance-based cash awards, either through Travelers annual bonus program or through the Reward and Recognition (R&R) program.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.