Clinical Nurse - Urology/GYN Oncology PCU - HC8
Employment Type: Full-Time
Clinical Nurse (Registered Nurse) - Urology/GYN Oncology PCU - HC8
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Clinical Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients. Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care. Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care. Performs other duties as assigned.
HC8 - Urology, Vascular, GYN Oncology
The culture of our unit offers growth and innovative ways to provide patient care. We are a fairly new unit looking to expand our team. We discharge more patients than any other unit in the hospital with a 4:1 nurse to patient ratio. Team members love the opportunities to get involved in decision making processes on the unit, working with the incredible physician groups, and the fun we have together in and outside of work!
This progressive care unit offers a unique opportunity to become an expert nurse in multiple specialties while caring for surgical urology(patients diagnosed with cancers such as bladder, kidney, and prostate), gynecological oncology (patients diagnosed with cancers such as uterine, ovarian, and cervical) requiring surgical interventions to remove the cancerous area , and internal medicine patients.
This fast-paced Progressive Care Unit provides individualized care to patients who require surgical interventions and medical supervision to alleviate symptoms and manage disorders of the urinary, reproductive and better management of chronic illnesses. Be a part of the one of the only academic medical centers that perform gender reassignment surgeries. The 32-bed Telemetry Unit utilizes cutting edge technology to provide compassionate, data-driven, high quality care to our patients. Join the multidisciplinary team who U.S. News ranked in the top 20 nationally for adult specialties.
Full time opportunities and weekend premium available
* Provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients.
* Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population.
* Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
* Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care.
* Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
* Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
* Patient Care Services - Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
* ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017, must complete BSN degree by the fifth anniversary of employment as an RN with UKHS. Must have at least 2 years of RN experience.
* BLS Certification
* Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
* 6 months to 2 years experience as a Clinical Nurse
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.