Head of Analytics
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Analytics discipline at thelab extends across digital ecosystems including experience and product design, marketing, campaign, and measurement strategy, and testing.
The Head of Analytics represents the data and analytics thinking and point of view on project teams, and with our clients. They will define the data-driven, multi-source analytics approach to develop audience and behavioral insights that will power strategic recommendations and solutions that answer our client's challenges and needs. They develop a measurement strategy to define success metrics and tracking requirements, and they think through how data can be used to personalize experiences.
This role will be instrumental is solidifying thelab's relationship to this data, and the Head of Analytics will work with the Executive Leadership team to implement this discipline and emphasize to all departments how it is utilized.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Develop end-to-end data strategy solutions for clients by bringing a hybrid lens of analytical thinking and creative strategy to develop audience insights, inform creative campaign concepting, and define the measurement and testing optimization approach, as well as the reporting strategy
* Be an ambassador for using data to inform action and power consumer experiences
* Lead, own and grow data and analytics offering within the assigned portfolio of new and existing clients
* Develop, evolve and deepen partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
* Clearly articulate and present insights and strategies rooted in data, contributing to the overall growth of client relationships and breadth of work.
* Experience in related digital roles at a major website, digital agency, publisher, consulting firm, financial, retail/e-commerce, CPG, or FMCG organization.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate across disciplines and identify appropriate data sources and analyses to build an approach that will result in actionable insights and strategic recommendations.
* Ability to clean, wrangle, analyze and visualize data sets large and small, from a variety of sources including audience panels, social media performance and conversations, organic search behaviors, CRM, site behavior and pathing, e-comm, and company financial data.
* Take the lead to articulate and present insights and recommendations to creative and technical teams alike to inform strategy. Additionally, work as a partner to strategy to build a narrative that weaves data insights throughout.
* A problem solver, able to really listen and understand clients' business questions, translate the business requirements into a learning agenda, identify the best and innovative approaches with data, and get creative with our analytics approach when necessary.
Experience working in the following areas is desired:
* Developing data-driven personas or audience segmentation to inform product or campaign strategy
* Informing user journeys with audience and channel insights
* Analyzing organic social media and search performance to identify growth opportunities and topical opportunities for content
Experience working with the following data/tools to develop insights is desired:
* Website or app behavior and pathing - Adobe Analytics (Omniture) or Google Analytics
* A/B or multivariate testing - with Optimizely or similar
* Audience segmentation and research - MRI, GWI, comScore, Simmons
* Social conversation analysis social listening platforms - such as NetBase, Brandwatch, Crimson Hexagon, etc., or use of Python to analyze language and sentiment trends
* Organic social and search performance (not media campaign performance) - through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram APIs or scraped post-level data
WHAT IT TAKES
* Able to quickly adapt to new or unfamiliar tools, data sets/sources, and problems
* Have a flexible attitude in shifting environments
* Be naturally curious and are a strong presenter
* Equally comfortable working autonomously as you are hyper-collaboratively
* Able to juggle multiple projects at once
* Work quickly but accurately, either as oversight or doing the work yourself
* Collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues across many disciplines
* Able to nurture client relationships by representing the agency as a data expert