Distribution Technician-Weekday PM
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Distribution Technician-Weekday PM
Requisition ID: 168781BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Logan, Utah / BPD Division
What will you do?
* Maintain accurate inventory in all designated warehouses and locations while keeping them clean and organized.
* Promote the importance of inventory accuracy and aid all other coworkers in all inventory movements.
* The Technician is responsible for verifying, packaging, and processing customer orders that are parcel, LTL, full load and international shipments.
* Keep and maintain designated warehouses safe, clean and in a presentable manner at all times
* Print and collate shipping documents by order
* Required to prepare materials for shipment involving all modes of transportation.
* Verify receipts to ensure damage free products are introduced into our systems and accurate records are maintained.
How will you get here?
* High School Diploma or GED-Required
* Valid US Driver's license is required for this role.
* Previous Warehouse or Inventory Experience is strongly preferred
* Previous forklift experience (a plus)
* Handle held computer usage strongly preferred
* Experience in using Oracle, MS Excel, MSWord and Master Control (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Ability to prepare and account for all material movement documentation and update Oracle system accordingly.
* Ability to place all incoming and outgoing materials including finished goods, raw materials, and supplies in the appropriate staging and storage locations.
* Ability to preserve the quality and integrity of materials while loading and unloading activities occur.
* Ability to respond to phones and communications with other departments in a professional manner.
* Ability to work with little or no supervision
* Successful candidate needs to be detailed oriented.
* Ability to stand, bend, or twist for extended periods of time, and move about the Warehouse areas as needed. Warehouse areas include Production Airlock which is requires specific gowning.
* Ability to operate Powered Industrial Equipment including various fork-lifts, scissor lifts, and other similar equipment.
* Ability to work with both hands to lift, handle, and manipulate inventory items.
* Must be able to work with small hand tools like scanners and tape guns and some powered equipment.
* Ability to kit, count and package small inventory items for production.
* Must be able to lift and move objects ranging from only a few pounds up to 40 pounds regularly. Objects of various sizes and shapes will be handled or moved on table surfaces, storage bins and carts or racks. Rarely team lifting will be required to handle objects over 50 pounds or objects of an awkward shape.
* No Relocation being offered for this role.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.