Financial Analyst III
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description : When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join 80,000 colleagues who bring our Mission to life each day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. You'll find the resources here to achieve your career goals and help take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world's toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
What will you do?
We seek an experienced Finance professional with excellent analysis and communication skills to support the Customer Channels Group as a Financial Analyst III. Your position will report to a Commercial Finance Director and will support a small group of Sales Directors as they implement contracts and build relationships with recognized Global companies in the Chemical, Industrial, Energy and Agricultural sectors. Helping you do this, is a team of five Finance professionals who meet weekly and work collaboratively to solve issues together.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the profitability assessment of business proposals, including development of custom pricing models, in support of the sales teams attempts to retain and win customer business.
* Work with appropriate internal departments to accurately implement new contracts.
* Support the annual price roll process for customers requiring pricing updates as set forth in executed contracts.
* Assist in customer focused FP&A activities.
* Perform special projects and ad-hoc reporting as required by business leadership.
How will you get here?
Minimum Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related fields.
* Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to translate and articulate business impact in financial terms.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate professionally to all levels of an organization.
* Strong Excel and modeling skills, experience with MS PowerPoint, Cognos and PowerBI highly valuable.
* Excellent organization and time management skills with an eye for detail.
* Ability to work as part of team environment and individually.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Self-motivated, with the willingness and ability to learn new concepts.
* Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) at all levels in the organization.
* Demonstrated ability to partner with functional leaders toward a common goal of achieving business objectives.
* Must work effectively in a dynamic environment and manage a diverse set of responsibilities across multiple business areas.
* Ability to perform effectively under pressure and to handle multiple assignments.
* Embody the Thermo Fisher Scientific values of Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
* This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.