Project Support Associate
Employment Type: Full-Time
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Clinical Trials Division (CTD) partners with pharmaceutical and biotech customers around the world to ensure the right patients get the right therapies in the right doses at the right time - a concept that we internally embrace as 'There is a Patient Waiting.' Our unique blend of services includes project management, packaging, distribution, transportation management and specialty logistics, ancillary supply management, clinical supply optimization, bio-repository storage and much more. Our more than 3,000 employees in over 15 countries work hard every day knowing that what they do matters.
How will you make an impact?
As part of our global team, what you do contributes directly to our mission; enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
What will you do?
* Independently solves problems/issues. Seeks advice/input on sophisticated problems
* Joint responsibility with the Project Manager for ensuring that all Fisher Clinical Services activities occur in a timely manner to meet the customer and project requirements
* Collaborates with partners to finalize project specifications. May work directly with client. This may include meetings either at Fisher Clinical Services or at the client's premises
* Coordinates and communicates relevant activities to the customer to ensure that all services and products are prepared as requested by the customer
* Use of appropriate tools to communicate achievements as well as critical path activities and responsibilities
* Monitors project activities and day to day business
* Timely provision of reports and other information to internal /external customers as applicable
* Assists in setting up and maintaining study filing systems and maintains accurate records for all work
* Initiates the involvement of appropriate departments, maintaining continuous communication with those departments, and ensures the work product delivered to internal and external customers is of a consistently high standard
* Actively participates in cross-functional business process improvement activities
* Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
How will you get here?
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Proven experience interfacing with customers in a multifaceted environment
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent organizational, planning and project coordination skills
* Superb verbal, written, and numerical skills
* Analyze and define solutions (problem-solving abilities) and handle multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
* Strong and effective communicator with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
* Ability to develop strong customer leadership skills; proactively anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of internal or external clients to meet or exceed their expectations
* Proficiency in personal computer applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.