Senior Manager, Lean Transformation
Employment Type: Full-Time
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do meaningful work, that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join 80,000 colleagues who bring our Mission to life each day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. You'll find the resources here to achieve your career goals and help take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world's toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
Division and Site Overview
Our laboratory equipment products are used by pharmaceutical companies for drug discovery and development and by biotechnology companies and universities for life science research to advance the prevention and cure of diseases and improve quality of life. In Asheville, NC, and Marietta, OH, we make a variety of products which include laboratory refrigerators and freezers and ultra-low temperature freezers for maintaining samples in a cold environment to protect them from degradation. We also make biological safety cabinets which enable technicians to handle samples without risk to themselves or their environment, and CO2 incubators which support the growth of cells and organisms in ideal conditions for temperature, carbon dioxide and humidity.
How will you make an impact?
In this role, as the subject matter authority in lean principles, values, philosophies, and tools, you will lead events and coach leaders at multiple levels in several larger LPD Laboratory Equipment sites to enable Lean Transformation aligned to site and division goals and mentor teams to sustain results.
What will you do?
* Align to and then evolve our Lean Transformation vision, strategies, and roadmap
* Lead and develop others to lead events involving senior leadership, support functions, and frontline teams to impact one or two areas at a time within one or more larger sites
* Mentor leaders in PPI Business System tools and behaviors such as 5S, Daily Management, Value Stream Mapping, Single Piece Flow, Standard Work, Material Flow, and Pacing
* Validate that lean strategies are positively impacting customers, business results, and employees
* Remain up to date on the latest trends in lean manufacturing through benchmarking
How will you get here?
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or closely related field
* Lean practitioner with a proven experience with PPI Business System or comparable prior experience working in the Toyota Production System (TPS), Danaher Business System (DBS), Honeywell Operating System (HOS), Factory Physics Execution (FPX), or other recognized Lean business system models
* 5+ years experience working in a Lean Transformation position
* Experience leading people and teams in large manufacturing/assembly sites from a Lean perspective- preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Proven leadership skills, ideally in a high mix / low volume manufacturing environment
* Experienced in organizational change and project management
* Detail oriented with an organized approach to accomplish goals
* Ability to connect with and influence all levels of the organization
* Comfortable in a heavily matrixed environment
This position has been approved to provide relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.#06022021