Direct Support Professional Richfield
Employment Type: Full-Time
Thomas Allen is Hiring for DSPs!
No experience necessary. Paid training provided!
LOCATION: Richfield, MN
* Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & E/O Saturday & Sunday 3pm - 10pm
* Monday & Wednesday 4pm - 10pm OR 3pm - 9pm & Thursday 6pm - 10pm
* Sunday 2pm - 10pm
* E/O Saturday 3pm - 9pm
* E/O Sunday 8am - 3pm
BENEFITS: Paid Training, Discount Tickets to Local Attractions, Service Recognition Awards, Employee and Rookie of the Month Awards, Referral Bonuses, Capella University Discount, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
JOB SUMMARY: As a Direct Support Professional, you will have the primary responsibility of meeting the needs of the individuals supported in the home, including providing proactive, empowering, and inclusive support, guidance, and supervision.
* Assist and encourage individuals to realize both long and short-term goals
* Assist with personal care
* Prepare meals or assist the individuals served with meal preparation
* Log all day-to-day occurrences
* Accompany individuals to medical appointments and on activities in the community
* Medication administration and/or working with medical equipment
* Help individuals to maintain their home by assisting with laundry, budgeting, cleaning, and shopping
* Other duties as assigned
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
* Willingness to attend to personal cares and health needs, light housekeeping, and meal preparation
* Willing to commit to and implement person-centered supports
* Department of Human Services background clearance
* Valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, and proof of auto insurance required
* Must be 18 years or older
* Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and verbally
To view other open positions, click here.
Thomas Allen, Inc. is a social services agency that provides a variety of person-centered services to individuals with disabilities throughout the state of Minnesota. Our team of nearly 800 employees are key players in assisting individuals served with group home support, semi-independent and independent living, case management, care coordination, and guardianship. As our agency continues to grow, we are looking for team members who are passionate about providing services that empower those we support.
Join our team and make a difference!
dsp, home care, hiring immediately