RN Home Health Nurse, Per Diem - Jefferson Home Health Care
Reporting to the HHC Clinical Manager, the RN, Home Health Nurse
is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation for assigned Home Health Care patients. Appraises individual and family health needs and plans for coordinated home health services for clients of all ages. Functions according to the Professional Nursing Law, according to professional standards and according to their level of knowledge and experience.Territory includes Bucks and Philadelphia/ 95 Corridor (19154), Torresdale area Education:
Licensure, Certification & Registration Requirements:
- Minimum 1+ years' med-surg experience is required
- Home Health Care experience preferred, but not required.
- Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or Graduate Nurse with Temporary Practice Permit. Maintains current licensure.
- BLS certification through American Heart Association required.
- Valid driver's license
- Current auto insurance with proof of coverage required.
- Must possess a driving record free from major violations within the past five years, and maintain an acceptable driving record with no major violations in accordance with Motor Vehicle Regulations and Abington - Jefferson Health's auto insurance policy.
- Any and all major violations incurred must be immediately reported to the manager, department head, or Human Resources department.
Since this position will require the selected candidate to engage in regular contact with children in the form of care, guidance, supervision or training, you will be required to meet the requirements of the Child Protective Services Act, including the Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check, the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare child abuse criminal background clearance, and an FBI finger print based federal criminal records check. The selected candidate will not be allowed to commence working until all three (3) are completed satisfactorily.Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation's best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.