Vac Truck Operators w/ CDL-Athens, TN
Employment Type: Full-Time
JOB SCOPE / PURPOSE:
The Vac Truck Operator is to safely operate extremely high pressured water-blast units to clean customer systems (pipes, boilers, tanks, etc.), operate industrial vacuum units and safely drive Thompson Industrial Services trucks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Basic knowledge and ability to operate high-pressured water-blaster and vacuum equipment.
* Properly prepares equipment and worksite on a daily basis.
* Ensures that assigned tasks are performed safely with the highest level of quality.
* Effectively communicate with Front Line Supervisors on area such as safety, quality and integrity.
* Tools, equipment, machinery used: Large industrial cleaning equipment and materials, large industrial vehicles.
* May periodically use computers for training purposes.
* Working conditions: outside work, extreme temperatures, noisy conditions, shift work, flexible schedules, on-call hours, 24/7 availability.
* Physical effort required: Heavy lifting, working with large machinery, confined spaces, and heights.
* Travel required: Regular overnight travel will be required for this position.
* Able to read and write-no high school diploma required.
* Able to pass drug tests (pre-employment, random, and annual).
* Valid drivers license required.
* CDL drivers license preferred.
* Able to physically control industrial hydro blasting and vacuum equipment.
* Able to carry industrial hoses (up to 60 lbs.) up and down multiple flights of stairs.
* Must be able and not afraid to enter confined spaces through a man hole.
* Must not be afraid of heights.
* Must be safety conscious and have good work ethics.
* Basic mechanical skills preferred.
* Ability to respond for assignments within 1 hour.
* Must have telephone access and able to be reached at all times.
* Must complete all pre and post training including safety, new hire, and regulatory.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Holidays, Vacation, 401K, Life.