Contingent Worker R5 - Store 140
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Contingent Worker is responsible for delighting Thorntons' guests with prompt and courteous service, maintaining merchandise, and supporting store goals and initiatives. This position is a support role that includes stocking, organizing and cleaning.
Essential Job Functions (RESPONSIBLE TO):
* Deliver guest service with a 'how may I help you' attitude.
* Identify opportunities to delight guests while taking direction from the store management team.
* Keep coolers, fast lane merchandise, store shelves, and displays fully stocked and fronted at all times.
* Clean and maintain equipment for high-margin products such as coffee, fountain drinks, etc.
* Perform interior and exterior cleaning activities including, but not limited to, windows, floors, shelving, counters, gas pumps, parking lot, and restrooms, per Thorntons' Store Operating System.
* Advise store management of any maintenance or safety problems.
* Practice safe working habits that align with company safety rules.
* Adhere to all Thorntons' policies and procedures.
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED
* All experience will be considered
* Be able to speak, read, understand, and write the English language, including the ability to hear the spoken word.
* Be able to lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of milk and soft drinks, beer and juice containers, etc., at least once per shift.
* Be able to stock shelves and coolers.
* Be able to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher weighing 20 pounds and moving it to the fire area.
* Be able to tolerate exposure to gasoline fumes and cleaning products.
* Be able to climb a ladder to clean windows, stock shelves and cooler, and make price changes.
* Be able to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, and lift and carry out trash containers and place in an outside bin.
* Be able to clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the convenience store.
* Be able to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 40 degrees up to 30 minutes at a time.
* Be able to attend work each and every scheduled day and work your full shift.
* Job requires long periods of standing including, but not limited to, an 8 hour shift.
* Must be able to climb a ladder to clean windows, stock shelves, make price changes, etc.
* Properly record time in Kronos and sign timecard verifying all hours worked.