Guest Service Representative R18 - Store 557
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Guest Service Representative is responsible for delighting Thorntons guests with prompt and courteous service, maintaining merchandise, and supporting store goals and initiatives.
Essential Job Functions (RESPONSIBLE TO)
* Delivers guest service with a 'how may I help you' attitude. Looks for opportunities to delight guests and follows instructions from store management.
* Ring all sales as discussed in the operations procedures.
* Assure proper sale and accounting of money orders/lottery during shift.
* Accurately account for price overrides, store use of merchandise, voids, returns and waste.
* Keep coolers, fast lane merchandise, store shelves, and displays fully stocked and fronted at all times.
* Clean and maintain equipment and ready high-margin products such as coffee, fountain drinks, etc.
* Use suggestive selling techniques to suggest items to guests that complement their purchases, and asks our guests if they are a refreshing rewards member at the beginning of every transaction.
* Ensure that the Store Management is made aware of all sales, cash, or operating discrepancies.
* Clean windows, floors, shelving, counters, gas pumps regularly, and restrooms per store operating procedures (daily check list).
* Clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the store as needed.
* Advise store management of any maintenance or safety problems.
* Practices safe working habits that align with company safety rules
* Properly uses the Guest Service Department for guest service issues
* Stay familiar with all Thorntons policies applicable to the GSR position as outlined on Thorntons Intranet.
* Adheres to all city, county, and state alcohol and tobacco and all other applicable laws and regulations
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
* Maintain PAR levels as outlined on PAR sheet per store expectations.
∼ High School Diploma or GED
∼ All experience will be considered
∼ Ability to speak, read, understand, and write the English language.
∼ Ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations
∼ High energy and strong work ethic.
∼ Excellent interpersonal skill.
∼ Strong guest service skills.
∼ Works well with others in a team environment
∼ Sufficient visual acuity to check identification and process money orders.
∼ Ability to read and understand instructions for operation of electronic cash registers and other equipment.
∼ Ability to read electronic fuel reports.
∼ Must be able to climb a ladder to clean windows, stock shelves, make price changes, etc.
∼ Properly records time on the TOTS systems and signs a time report verifying all hours worked
∼ Understands that company funds are not available for personal use