Employment Type: Full-Time
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken's aerospace division facility in Lebanon, NH is part of Timken's world-leading manufacturing team; with more than 18,000 employees across 33 countries. Our team engineers, manufactures, and delivers the highest quality products keeping industry in motion.
* We offer unique career opportunities for well experienced and entry level team members.
* We will train you and help you advance (members of our Sr. Leadership team have mastered these positions as part of their career advancement).
* Comprehensive benefits offerings including; medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k), life, AD&D, short & long-term disability, group legal, tuition reimbursement, generous time off.
* Timken Aerospace employees are first class; winners of the Green Globe Award, Lockheed Martin Sikorskly's Gold Award, and Timken's Top-Quality Award
Perform operations on any and all single spindle turning equipment involving turning, drilling, boring, recessing, chamfering, cutting off and similar machining operations on various sizes of alloy steels, stainless, brass, aluminum, nonferrous materials, phenolic, beryllium, cooper and any new and exotic material as specified, following established procedures.
* Setups and major adjustments made by others. Follow instructions or standard procedure as to operation. Actuate controls to start manual or automatic cycling of machine and change basic tools for re‑sharpening, as required. Load materials, stocks, into machine, as required.
* Take periodic sampling and make visual and dimensional checks; use preset and adjustable measuring instruments and gauging. In event parts are defective, or fail to meet specifications, make minor adjustments or notify set‑up person or the supervision.
* Make periodic check of gauges against masters. Remove defective parts, segregate work as to scrap or salvage ability. Inspect own work; correct or refer detected discrepancies to supervisor.
* Assist training employees as required. Record appropriate data on designated forms as required. Load materials/stock into machine as required.
* Maintain necessary records. Move materials in the performance of duties or as directed. Detect and report operation, faculty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor. Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
* Perform other related duties as required or directed.
* Troubleshoot any lathe area equipment on faulty setup or tooling problems.
* Perform normal setup and operating functions on lathes as required. Inspect and have replaced and/or repaired any gaging which will not satisfy the needs of the operator ahead of actual use at the machines.
* Pre-stage all necessary tools required for any given machine within the Lathe Department to a planned schedule ahead of actual use on the machines. Maintain all tooling in usable condition.
* When tooling is beyond repair, the tooling is to be evaluated of its condition and an order is made to replace it and/or repairs made through appropriate sources.
* Perform other related duties as required or directed.
General Qualifications & Experience:
* High School Diploma/GED required.
* Basic mathematical and mechanical skills are required.
* Basic computer interface skills are required.
* Strong attention to detail along with the ability to multi-task and coordinate work activities to be efficient and productive is required.
* Strong ability to follow written and prescribed work instructions/procedures and tasks.
* Strong ability to read and interpret specifications, acceptance criteria, and engineering drawings.
* Situational/Spatial awareness along with strict adherence to PPE/safety protocols is required.
* Use of hands, legs, both near/far vision and hearing test. Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 35 pounds. Requires extensive periods of walking and standing.
Timken is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
US Citizen or Green card are required for some positions.
Lebanon, NH - Recruiting contact: Amy Bardos
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Join one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® - an honor we've received ten times.
The Timken Company designs a growing portfolio of engineered bearings and power transmission products that improve the reliability and efficiency of global machinery and equipment to move the world forward. Timken posted $3.8 billion in sales in 2019 and employs more than 17,000 people globally, operating from 42 countries.
Why Choose Timken?
* Over a century of knowledge and innovation
* A culture of top performance
* A global, diverse environment
* Products that contribute to a sustainable world
* A conviction to improve communities around us
* Competitive salary and benefits
Not Ready To Apply?
Stay connected by joining our network and we'll keep you informed about upcoming events and opportunities that match your interests.