Employment Type: Full-Time
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Heartland School Solutions,, a business unit of Global Payments, is seeking a full-time software developer to work with one of our existing remote development teams. The position will consider both remote candidates or candidates working from one of our offices in Rochester, NY or remote.
We are primarily looking for a developer with some experience writing C# and T-SQL. Whether you have experience or you're fast-learning, motivated, and just starting your career, this role could be for you!
Our mission at Heartland School Solutions is to create the best software for the payments processing and K-12 nutrition market. Software developers on our team are expected to be fast learners who will quickly grasp the inner workings of our enterprise software products and their integrations with other teams' systems. Quality and consistency of code is very important on this team. Candidates must be eager to write clean, elegant code; and, adopt coding styles, practices, and patterns to match existing code bases.
On this team, we are all accountable for the full range of activities required to deliver high quality, enterprise-ready software. These activities range from understanding the overall business and particular project requirements, building the software, testing it, delivering it, and supporting it. We expect developers to take ownership of the end result in order to be proud of achieving success.
* Implement new features and fix defects in our team's Accounting and Webstore products
* Write secure, maintainable, self-documenting code within business-driven timelines
* Maintain the discipline and focus required to work in a remote environment
* Communicate and collaborate in a team environment via email, VoIP, Slack, and screen-sharing
* Quickly grasp the fundamentals of the K-12 food-service industry
* Contribute to an environment that embraces best practices, continuous improvement, and professionalism
* Write high quality code
* Evaluate code quality of your peers
* Continue growing as a software developer
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience is required
* ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core MVC Web application development in C#
* Razor view development
* SQL, preferably T-SQL/SQL Server
* Git source control management
* SQL Server Reporting Services
* Troubleshooting and debugging skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* K-12 nutrition, point-of-sale, accounting, inventory management, payments processing, or similar experience
* 2-5 years of .NET software development experience preferred
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.