Splunk ITSI Administrator
Employment Type: Full-Time
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Assist and support in the design and implementation of monitoring solutions based on our core tools landscape including Splunk, DynaTrace APM, ThousandEyes Synthetics, OMI, and CA IM Suite. Ensure the solutions monitor, trend, and alert on performance and issues of the TSYS Distributed and Mainframe systems that include WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS, IIS, Apache, SunOne Web Server, Tibco, Pega Solutions, Webservice and XML Messaging/Gateway, and others that run on Windows, Unix/Linux, HPNonStop, or z/OS. Solve technical monitoring problems which involve large scale inter-disciplinary objectives with multiple, heterogeneous, distributed and/or mainframe systems that are embedded in networks at multiple levels. Hold and Maintain a proficiency in monitoring technologies and industry best practices.
The position provides enterprise services and support to NOC and Monitoring team for any production issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Help drive data analysis and assessment of property readiness for cutover; identify shortcomings in data, if any and suggest ways to overcome these
* Help reconcile lists of properties from a variety of different sources
* Identify technical information, server scans, log files that we can use to measure readiness - to replace manual efforts today
* Communicate with executive and team stakeholders on the results
* Work with Application teams to enhance and develop the Readiness Dashboard and reports
* Leverage MicroFocus exposure for data analysis work; writing and troubleshooting MicroFocus queries
* Provide application and scripting administration by setting up, configuring, and monitoring windows, Linux systems and perform basic troubleshooting and support for Application. Security or network device issues.
* Responsible for writing and/or modifying programming scripts as needed in order to meet requirements.
* Establish active directory accounts and apply file share permissions.
* Provide production support to include problem resolution, technology moves, new user's configuration and user accounts, and hardware builds operating systems, application support desktop/laptop roll-outs, administration, etc.
* Have frequent contact with customers and must maintain good customer relations as well as understand and apply the processes of project management.
* Create and maintain Service Desk SOP, TTPs, etc.
* Provide support for mobile devices within the organization for mobile device services, support, troubleshooting and maintenance.
* Utilize infrastructure monitoring technologies (ex. Microfocus, SiteScope, BSM, OM, OMi).
* Knowledge and experience in Splunk to include, but not limited to ITSI.
* Configure, secure, and maintain network equipment including switches and routers.
* Design briefings, text documents, templates, and other recurring products.
* Provide expertise and assist in the training in using Networking tools, processes, and systems.
* Utilize application development and scripting knowledge to create custom internal applications, dashboards, and alerts.
* Continually review application and system logs to identify exception, errors, and performance bottlenecks in real time. Work with colleges to automate the corrective actions, to include escalating and alerting to appropriate support groups through our Support Desk.
* Collaborate with System Administrators, development groups, and/or vendors on the performance/baseline testing of all application changes. Setup and/or follow batch monitoring guidelines for the Distributed and Mainframe systems to ensure integrity and SLA completion.
* Support troubleshooting teams in identifying and resolving technical problems in a timely and accurate manner, and ensure application performance, availability and functionality. Manages multiple concurrent intake streams, adjusting priorities where needed to focus on rapid delivery of service.
* Review, create and maintain documentation for established monitoring solutions, to include changes and upgrades to systems, to ensure up to date documentation. Stay abreast of changes in the industry, identify potential impacts or enhancements, and provides feedback to more senior team members and/or management when needed. Implements standardized automation of procedures to mitigate risks associated with manual processing errors.
* 2+ years Application Development/Scripting experience or related education
* Splunk ITSI
* Event Management experience
* Understanding of performance engineer
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.