Contracting PM Intern 2022 - WA, CO
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands - including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what's possible for a sustainable world.
Trane has an exciting opportunity to join our organization as a Contracting Project Management Intern. In this position, you will work on all aspects of construction projects, from beginning to end, with responsibility for project execution while working alongside a Project Manager to complete objectives in a given time frame and with available resources. You will also be responsible for the administration, implementation, and management of projects and accountable for assigned scope of work, schedule and budget. Trane focuses on solutions that provide our customers with the most energy efficient buildings.
Our structured 12-week program will challenge and develop your technical, business, leadership and communication skills. It will give you insight into a Contracting Project Management career with Trane and create the opportunity to join our best-in-class Graduate Training Program (GTP) upon graduation for those who mutually agree to pursue a career in Contracting Project Management.
As a Contracting Project Management Intern, you may experience:
* Planning and coordinating assigned projects, establish schedules and project parameters and set procedures to accomplish system objectives. This could include generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones, CPM Analysis; and Histogram Analysis
* Working directly with the engineering team to support engineering programming and material selection activities related to projects.
* Establishing and maintaining an operations budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope and monitor the accuracy of the forecasted cost at completion by managing expenses.
* Preparing sub-contractor request for quotations (RFQ), including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
* Receiving and qualifying subcontractor proposals; supervises work of project assigned staff, subcontractors and installers.
* Communicating with contractors, subcontractors and owners to discuss scope of project, budgets, performance, and close-out as well as with other team members concerning problems, obstacles, issues, and information needs.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Information Systems. Preferably with a concentration in construction engineering or construction management.
* Be a U.S. citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what's possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.